Sign in to follow this  
Mojo44

Best Wrestling Forum

Depends what you mean by "best."  If you mean "the literal worst", then yes, it's the best.  Are you looking for most active?  That's probably Hawkeye Report.  Are you looking for the best wrestling discussion?  That's entirely dependent, probably, on what team you like.  Maybe the TOM boards?

Man, I miss TWT.  That was the GOAT board.

My perspective is that I enjoy it because I don’t pull for a team with a big enough following to have their own dedicated message board (like Iowa, etc). I like coming here to see a multitude of topics and teams being discussed. And for the most part I’ve had great interactions with everyone on this board as I’m relatively new. 

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Seconded

Thirded. Was the best source for actual information and intelligent discussion. Great posters of all ages /types and I don't remember it having any real trolls or the insane petty squabbles that go on perpetually here. It was depressing to watch it slowly fade away.

1 minute ago, ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying said:

As far as I can tell every wrestling forum is the same dozen posters yelling at each other about the same things in perpetuity so they are all pretty much the same. 

No doubt, but thewrestlingtalk was different.  Maybe I am looking back on it through rose colored glasses but the $hittalk that happened over there tended to be more like friendly banter for the most part. 

I never really was on TWT so I can't say. When NCAA's come around I don't leave this board, same with the worlds. There is a good mix of College and International here. HawkeyeReport is a great echo chamber for Iowa fans, but as long as we are not talking Iowa or PSU(PSU trolls don't help) it stays pretty neutral on all other things college wrestling. 

I have gotten to the point I look at either the topic of the thread or who started the thread.......... both of those things seem to let me know how much bickering/trolling there will be. So at this point there are MANY threads I simply never read.

Other than team specific fora, what other options are there now?  TOM?  Any others?

Earl Smith used to run a site - D1CW - that had a forum, but that's pretty much a ghost town.

Wrestling Report is pretty much just a Lehigh and Cornell forum, with a smattering of EIWA and EWL posting  since Allen Brown passed away.

Edited by red blades

I can say this much , I lurked on this site for a few years . I found this forum to have the best info and intelligence offered imo. I’m a fan but have no where near the acumen that most posters have here . That being said , for an average fan like me , this is by far the best forum I’ve seen . People on here have taught me a lot and have helped me understand and enjoy NCAA wrestling better . That’s why I finally joined . Thank you to all . 

Well, he was the original. Many have tried to replace, none have succeeded with the same penchant for prolific pointlessness. 
"penchant for prolific pointlessness"

Points awarded for high amplitude alliteration attempt.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I was not really involved when twt was around so this is about all I have to go by plus a smattering of other colleges. As far as wrestling websites but not forums the openmat has blown by intermat like it's standing still. Fact it may be the best source of information for tournaments duels Etc in the country