Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Fix v. Nick

Recommended Posts

Should be fun. Fix did an interview with FLO where he expressed great anticipation of wrestling Suriano. Apparently the last time they wrestled the match went into so many OTs that the match lasted about 35 minutes, and Fix lost. He's looking for some payback :D I think he'll get it, but Suriano's length has to be a concern.

Edited by TobusRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Should be fun. Fix did an interview with FLO where he expressed great anticipation of wrestling Suriano. Apparently the last time they wrestled the match went into so many OTs that the match lasted about 35 minutes, and Fix lost. He's looking for some payback :D I think he'll get it, but Suriano's length has to be a concern.

it was at WNO and there was specifically no time limit... they wrestled until there was a winner... no ride outs... 3-1 final... 35 minutes and 4 pts scored the entire time but as entertaining wrestling as you will ever see... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going with Fix 2-1, if the match happens.  There isn't going to be a lot of offense. Suriano will tie him up and use his head and hands defense to stop Fix from taking any decent shots.  Suriano likely won't really commit to any shots in the first period.  Both guys will escape, Suriano will likely get hit for stalling at some point.  It will look a lot like the Suriano/Erneste match, but Fix will push the pace more and get the stalling call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will also add that suriano has been considerably more offensive in college than he ever was in HS... no stall calls in this match...

with that being said, ride outs would not surprise me even a little bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly you didn't watch either of their previous matches...

I did, and if you watch the WNO match again, instead of just relying on your inaccurate recollection of it, there wasn't much offense in the first three periods. Most of the real action took place in the "overtime" periods.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be shocked if Fix gets ridden. He's escaped pretty quickly in all the matches I've seen him wrestle this year. Also the only points that Fix has given up this year are escapes. Plus, Fix has been riding very well in his own right when he wants to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I'd be shocked if Fix gets ridden. He's escaped pretty quickly in all the matches I've seen him wrestle this year. Also the only points that Fix has given up this year are escapes. Plus, Fix has been riding very well in his own right when he wants to.

I don't think either guy is going to be able to keep the other down for very long, though. Suriano is one of the best getting out that I've ever seen.  Fix has improved on bottom, and Suriano hasn't historically been able to keep the best guys down for very long.  We're going to see a lot in neutral.  Lots of hand-fighting, lots of half-shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super hard to pick this match. Throw Micic in this group too. I have no idea who wins a Micic-Fix-Suriano round robin. 

I'll go Suriano based on his excellent wrestling tactics awareness. Fix has that too, but Suriano has more experience doing this in folkstyle against high level competition. This means that if it comes down to 1 takedown or less, Suriano will have an advantage. 

Really weak argument. I know. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in 42 minutes of wrestling each other there has been one takedown total...

no stall calls...

(to be fair, i don't remember if there was a stall call at WNO, but, biscuit flip being who he is and all that...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LJB said:

in 42 minutes of wrestling each other there has been one takedown total...

no stall calls...

(to be fair, i don't remember if there was a stall call at WNO, but, biscuit flip being who he is and all that...)

Yup, and in a 1 takedown match in folkstyle, I pick Suriano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any know if &/or how this will be broadcast?

Neither Rutgers or OSU show video on their schedule page.  Also see nothing on Flo, but Flo is just plain bad regarding providing schedule of upcoming college events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK State at Rutgers will be on Flo. Its listed on the events page, although with so many duals coming up you don't have to click the 'see more' button. 

We also keep this page dated all year long and keep it pinned as the first event on the event page. Looking forward to the dual. We may have as many as 5 Flo Friends all on site in Jersey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×