gowrestle

Steveson’s Behavior

3 hours ago, TFBJR said:

My evaluation process:  If it was my son, would I be proud or pissed.  In this case I'd be very unhappy. 

Excellent point.... I would be embarrassed if that was my son.

2 hours ago, silvermedal said:

My personal opinion is that Steveson is wasting his time with college wrestling and should consider going straight to the Olympic Training Center.  He's going to dominate most of his competition for four years with only a handful of guys capable of giving him a match.  

It would be interesting to see him take an Olympic redshirt next year. I think he has a real shot at making the Olympic team.

3 hours ago, dmm53 said:

It's not about condescension.  You obviously know little to nothing about academics or university life.   As Sanderson once asked Pyles, "Do you have a plan?" Online courses?  

All I know is that what Stevenson is doing is ruining the sport and we must put a stop to it immediately. 

17 minutes ago, Banana Peterson said:

All I know is that what Stevenson is doing is ruining the sport and we must put a stop to it immediately. 

You really should fix your username, it should be: Bannanna Peternson.

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Iowa fans probably shouldn’t talk though because their future HWT displayed similar antics in a recent FS match against Gable despite getting teched

Those look reactions to Steveson's actions to me.  NBD either way

I’ve been critical of Steveson’s recent behavior. 

Some agreed with me and others did not. 

I watched him wrestle today against an overmatched Iowa wrestler and I thought he did well. Just wrestled and nothing else. The fact is that he’s got many more bouts with overmatched wrestlers ahead of him and he’s going to have to deal with this as well as most dominators have.

Just want to give credit when it’s due.  

Like many, I think he can become a dominant force on the Olympic and World level. 

I haven’t kept up with the real or perceived issues with steveson. He’s super gifted but what I did notice he was walking away from the referee while getting his hand raised. That’s not a showstopper. Maybe he was frustrated with the outcome of the match. Or, he may have some issues that will surface regarding his perceived attitude 

1 hour ago, Old Corps said:

I’ve been critical of Steveson’s recent behavior. 

Some agreed with me and others did not. 

I watched him wrestle today against an overmatched Iowa wrestler and I thought he did well. Just wrestled and nothing else. The fact is that he’s got many more bouts with overmatched wrestlers ahead of him and he’s going to have to deal with this as well as most dominators have.

Just want to give credit when it’s due.  

Like many, I think he can become a dominant force on the Olympic and World level. 

Eh could be 1 of 3 things (or a combination)

1.  Maybe he did actually learn something

2.  Embarrassed he only managed a major of Iowa’s 4th string heavyweight

3.  Was too tired to do anything else

Edited by 1032004

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Eh could be 1 of 3 things (or a combination)

1.  Maybe he did actually learn something

2.  Embarrassed he only managed a major of Iowa’s 4th string heavyweight

3.  Was too tired to do anything else

I suspect Eggum had a talk with him about his behavior.  Today’s match was much different then last week’s.  He still was super aggressive, but didn’t cross the line into embarrassing behavior.

I like it. We need some heels for NCAAs :D

Heels are a noble tradition that unites all the fans against one particular guy/school. I love a good heel :D I especially enjoy it when it's one of "my boys" (aka: Okies) who is the heel.  If not for the solid work of the heels, where would we get the great "faces"? Remember Steve Williams? Huge guy, offensive lineman for OU as well as a great wrestler...EVERYBODY LOVED STEVE. Big as he was Steve was still dwarfed by a lot of guys in the unlimited HWT era. God I loved those matches, watching the 400 pound behemoths against the itty bitty 275 pound underdogs :D

That's how I know I'm old. I start off saying we need heels then I dodder off and start remembering the unlimited HWT era.

15 hours ago, Creek chub said:

I haven’t kept up with the real or perceived issues with steveson. He’s super gifted but what I did notice he was walking away from the referee while getting his hand raised. That’s not a showstopper. Maybe he was frustrated with the outcome of the match. Or, he may have some issues that will surface regarding his perceived attitude 

It's hard to identify with him because Steveson is better at wrestling than 99.9% of people will every be at anything they do. He's elite. I wonder how many wrestling matches he's won in his career. 500? 1000? I can imagine to a kid with his credentials that a "ho hum" win over a nameless Iowa backup in an ultimately meaningless dual probably isn't overly exciting.