Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

2019 Dave Schultz Tourney

I hope Whitford is in shape and is living the right lifestyle if so he will be fun to watch.Some people grow up slower then others imagine Ben is beating himself up over the decisions he did or didn't make as a kid.Glad to see him back hopefully he buys in and sticks around a few years.

Whitford was attending D3 Elmhurst College outside Chicago for some time. Thought he would be taking necessary classes and then transferring to a D1 but that didn't happen. 

Also, surprised to see Futrell! I thought he was done after all of the injuries. Nice to see him back this year.

Edited by Relentless125

I see Dom Bradley is entered. I wonder if Coon (fr/gr double?), Steveson, Nelson, and/ or Varner will also attend? First time in a while I've been excited about the 125 US ladder!

On 1/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, treep2000 said:

I studied that as my 4th doctorate... it was quite amazing to truly understand the historical evolution of how a Bell Beefer stuck together, compared to the 7 Layer Burrito.  The angular velocity created by the wrapping motion was something to behold, and analyze!

I can hardly wait til Downey completes this one and hear such amazing language in the after match interview.

Entrants list has been growing... several international wrestlers were just added.  http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/d8f246f4-fd34-279d-4f9a-12b51b0daa70

Not sure if this is the final list or not.  Online registration seems to be closed, but  maybe you can still sign up onsite?  61 KG still looks pretty weak to me, although Samat Uulu, a past Dave Schultz winner at 57kg is in the field.  Thought we'd see Graff here... he usually competes at this being from CO and his Twitter suggests he is competing soon, but he isn't on the list yet.  So maybe a few more will trickle in.

Edited by rpm002

4 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

Entrants list has been growing... several international wrestlers were just added.  http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/d8f246f4-fd34-279d-4f9a-12b51b0daa70

Not sure if this is the final list or not.  Online registration seems to be closed, but  maybe you can still sign up onsite?  61 KG still looks pretty weak to me, although Samat Uulu, a past Dave Schultz winner at 57kg is in the field.  Thought we'd see Graff here... he usually competes at this being from CO and his Twitter suggests he is competing soon, but he isn't on the list yet.  So maybe a few more will trickle in.

I've noticed in previous years that both at the Schultz and Farrell there are usually a fair amount of international guys who don't register in advance (or at least don't appear in Track/Flo-Arena) until the day of the event.  Occasionally there may be an American or two that get added last minute as well, but usually more international guys.

Edited by Crash

Really, nobody is mentioning anything - not a lot of love for this tourney on the forums.  Overlapping with Yarygin probably the big reason.

Molinario at 70kg, though he was going 65?

Seems like half the guys are wearing someone else's singlet, a little confusing . Carr is wearing Gadson's singlet, surprised it fit...