Sign in to follow this  
SunCactus

Arizona State Light weights

Since Zeke Jones has taken oven I have been surprised that the lower weights at ASU haven't improved like the rest of the team.

Why is this? When was ASU's last All American at the lower weights? Recently all of the success has been in the middle and upper weights, what needs to change?

17 minutes ago, SunCactus said:

Since Zeke Jones has taken oven I have been surprised that the lower weights at ASU haven't improved like the rest of the team.

Why is this? When was ASU's last All American at the lower weights? Recently all of the success has been in the middle and upper weights, what needs to change?

I don't know what you are referring to here.   At 125 lbs they have Ryan Milhof who prior to getting injured about 10 days ago at the Midlands was ranked # 8 by Intermat at 125 lbs

At 133 lbs they have RS Sophomore Josiah Kline, who is 15-6 and is ranked # 18 at 133 lbs by WrestleStat

At 141 lbs no team in the PAC 12 has anyone ranked in the top 20.

I don't know what you are referring to here.   At 125 lbs they have Ryan Milhof who prior to getting injured about 10 days ago at the Midlands was ranked # 8 by Intermat at 125 lbs
At 133 lbs they have RS Sophomore Josiah Kline, who is 15-6 and is ranked # 18 at 133 lbs by WrestleStat
At 141 lbs no team in the PAC 12 has anyone ranked in the top 20.
Did I read this right?

1) Our 125 was once good for a different team, but he's hurt now otherwise he still could be R12 these days.

2) Our 133 is fringe top 20 ranked by the least credible ranking, so he's going places. (no offense Andre I like your product but the rankings are the most suspect)

3) Our 141 is just as horrible as the rest of the league, so he really not that bad comparatively.

I have to agree with the premise of the thread :

Jones has failed to develop the lower weights.
I am surprised because I thought he would have done something similar to what he did with Valenti from his time with UPenn

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Too many AZ and California recruits in the lower weights that haven't panned out. Kramer, Rico, Courtney, Crooks all were multiple AZ state champs but don't wrestler at the level of a top 10 college team. Villareal and Dennison were California state champs and have done nothing in college. Perhaps he needs to look East for some better prospects.

14 hours ago, squeek said:

Did I read this right?

1) Our 125 was once good for a different team, but he's hurt now otherwise he still could be R12 these days.

2) Our 133 is fringe top 20 ranked by the least credible ranking, so he's going places. (no offense Andre I like your product but the rankings are the most suspect)

3) Our 141 is just as horrible as the rest of the league, so he really not that bad comparatively.

I have to agree with the premise of the thread :

Jones has failed to develop the lower weights.
I am surprised because I thought he would have done something similar to what he did with Valenti from his time with UPenn

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Apparently reading isn't the only thing you can't do.

Thinking is also right up there as well.

This is just too ignorant to comment on any further.

19 hours ago, SunCactus said:

Let's see how Zeke does with Chlebove and Busiello.  Until this incoming recruiting class he hadn't brought in any high level lightweight recruits.  

Brandon Courtney's apparent regression this year is a little odd... had a really nice redshirt year for a 3rd tier recruit, and now so far this year has dropped a bunch of matches to unranked wrestlers.  Maybe he can get it together by the postseason.