Sign in to follow this  
KSchlosser

Crazy for You - Things I learned today

CRAZYFORYOU1SH.jpg

Hacking around on the interweb today and did a little reading and learning.

1. Vision Quest had two names.

2. Shute won a wrestle off to be Shute

3. The log was hollow. (A certain poster might be able to expand on this)

4. Modine was bulking up to 189 (despite cutting from 190 to 168 in the movie)

5. Shute was the one cutting to 190 and he did it a couple of different times.

6. If the poster was to be believed, Shute was a 6'4" 168 pound monster and as the taller person Swain was 6'7" 168 pound bean pole. (Those 3 inches were huge.)

6. Shute appeared in a Van Halen video holding a sign stating "Will wrestle you for food"

7. Kuch was the most accomplished wrestler in the entire movie as a Jr World Champ for Team USA in 1978. (Anyone know where he wrestled in college?)

8. Mark Palmer did a great interview with Frank Jasper: https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/16288

9. Princess Vespa was Maggie Epstein.

10. If Taylor Lautner approved a script, why hasn't this movie been recast and remade

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:15 PM, russelscout said:

This movie made me believe the lat drop could be used successfully at any time against anybody.

Let me tell you a secret about the lateral drop:

It can be used successfully at any time against anybody. And don't tell me you don't enjoy the collective gasp of the crowd when you do it (that's the best part!).

15 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Someone needs to teach the ref the rules.. in the first period Shute scores a takedown that goes out of bounds and says no takedown.. then he puts Louden down on bottom to restart the match and when Shute holds him down he then awards the TD?

Looks like a typical Big 10 ref, you are saying?

The ref at RU vs. Wisky was not strong.  Bono was complaining vociferously and then just shaking his head at quite a few bad calls.  The ref then made up for it by screwing RU.  All in all a bad showing I thought.