Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

Stoll #1?

8 hours ago, headshuck said:

Guys, it's Steveson, not Stevenson.  There's no N.  That's S.T.E.V.E._BLANK_.SON.  Steve Son.  

Are you sure it's Steve Son and not Steve's Son? I'd be willing to debate this.

Edited by unbiased

20 hours ago, boconnell said:

There have always been smaller and more athletic heavies.  That is not new.  

There will always be larger heavies.  They aren't going away.  

The best heavies will always be really large guys who move like slightly smaller guys.  

This.  I would put White and Steveson into that third group.  They've both gotta be at least 250 right?

Since we're talking about HWY, I think it should be customary to announce the athlete's weight for the match. All other weights you know what the athlete's weight is, but not with 285. I think it's good information to know if there is significant weight disparity.

While I'm creating a wish list I think televised scoring needs to always display riding time. This too is hit or miss with each broadcast.

I like something I've seen recently, I think it was with Midlands where they show a scroll across the bottom in green and red the sequence of scoring the TD, Esc, Rev, NF, etc.

8 minutes ago, skikayaker said:

Since we're talking about HWY, I think it should be customary to announce the athlete's weight for the match. All other weights you know what the athlete's weight is, but not with 285. I think it's good information to know if there is significant weight disparity.

While I'm creating a wish list I think televised scoring needs to always display riding time. This too is hit or miss with each broadcast.

I like something I've seen recently, I think it was with Midlands where they show a scroll across the bottom in green and red the sequence of scoring the TD, Esc, Rev, NF, etc.

I agree with this. How many 285s are actually even close to being that heavy?

9 minutes ago, skikayaker said:

Since we're talking about HWY, I think it should be customary to announce the athlete's weight for the match. All other weights you know what the athlete's weight is, but not with 285.

This is not true. You know the weight class for all wrestlers not their actual weights.

3 hours ago, skikayaker said:

Since we're talking about HWY, I think it should be customary to announce the athlete's weight for the match. 

Perhaps also their GPA, what they ate for breakfast, do the have a girl (or guy) friend and date of last DUI?  ;_ ;

6 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

If Stoll sits and Steveson wins out. I could see the Big 10 making a statement and awarding Gable the #1 seed.

Would that really be “making a statement”?  Seems like it would be common sense if Gable remains undefeated.