Nicky_Pipes

Wick vs. Cenzo

It's going down this weekend at Rec Hall. Can Wick hand Cenzo his first loss of the year? In the past 2 seasons, Cenzo is good for a loss or two before NCAA's, can Wick get it done at Rec Hall? What are your thoughts on the match up and the two contrasting wrestling styles?

Wick needs to diversify a little.  Seems to only put cradle in on one side and if some one hangs onto his hand for the whole period as Marinelli did, he cant lock up cradle.  Dont expect refs to call stalling at home mat.  Wick gives up legs easily, and I don't see him taking down Cenzo. 

The only guy to ever ride Cenzo (going off memory) for a RT point was I Mar and that was 2 years ago, and I mar was a good top guy too. The other half dozen times even he couldn't ride Cenzo. Add in that Cenzo practices against great cradlers and I am confident he will not get cradled or ridden. 

Cenzo is also a very quick finisher. Seems like a tall order for Wick.

Cenzo doesn't get turned, Cenzo finishes quickly - so I'm having a hard time seeing where Wick is going to win. 

Didn't Wick place something like 3rd at the US Open in freestyle?  If he can pull off something like that maybe we're all underestimating his neutral offense a bit

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

The only guy to ever ride Cenzo (going off memory) for a RT point was I Mar and that was 2 years ago, and I mar was a good top guy too. The other half dozen times even he couldn't ride Cenzo. Add in that Cenzo practices against great cradlers and I am confident he will not get cradled or ridden. 

Cenzo is also a very quick finisher. Seems like a tall order for Wick.

YUP... I am sure Rasheed helps him with the cradle counters.  Just think about his work out partners at Penn State.  They are all lucky to have each other to learn from.

Edited by leshismore

you forgot to put the "...right?" in after each and every every point of emphasis by Cael. 

this is pretty much what I expected.  cenzo was not "feeling well" or "at his best"...so he didn't wrestle

...right?

Edited by gromit
right?