Sign in to follow this  
unbiased

No more Cael

If Cael wasn't coaching  recruiting and watching what his guys wrestle, how good would they be? I don't mean take Cael & Co. out of the equation and insert someone else, I'm talking about taking the PSU roster and let them manage/coach themselves. How good would they be and would they be able to keep it together enough this year to get the same or similar results without Cael?

Edited by unbiased

No more Brands 

If Tom wasn't coaching recruiting and watching Spencer Lee wrestle, how good would he be? I don't mean take the Brands out of the equation and insert someone else, I'm talking about Spencer Lee and let him manage/coach himself. How good would he be and would he be able to keep it together enough this year to get the same or similar results without Brands?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

The Browns already tried this experiment the last few years with Hue Jackson... how'd that go?

Seriously though if you're just talking about this season, they'd still win the title by a good margin.  Nolf & Nickal can run practice, Hall & Cenzo can spend some of their free time breaking down film and scouting opponents.  Nevills will have to step in and handle logistics. The rest of the guys can just keep doing their thing.  

By the way I'm not playing the "PSU only wins because of talent" game.  I imagine most teams with solid leadership structures and a bunch of elite guys that are already AA's wouldn't drop off a cliff during the course of one season.  All bets are off after that though.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

----------  PSU with Cael and Co. Coaching

---------- PSU with wrestlers coaching themselves

---------- PSU with jammies and unbiased doing all the recruiting and coaching

58 minutes ago, unbiased said:

If Cael wasn't coaching  recruiting and watching what his guys wrestle, how good would they be? I don't mean take Cael & Co. out of the equation and insert someone else, I'm talking about taking the PSU roster and let them manage/coach themselves. How good would they be and would they be able to keep it together enough this year to get the same or similar results without Cael?

I don't see Cassar, Rasheed, Censo, and maybe even Lee being as solid as they are. Nickel would probably be #1 still, but not as dominant. Nolf same. I don't see Hall beating Valencia this year, but I do think he is probably a clear second. Maybe I am not giving Cunningham enough credit, but he is part of Caels system and don't believe it would be the same without him. Having said that, they would still probably be the favorite going into nattys without Cael.

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

----------  PSU with Cael and Co. Coaching

---------- PSU with wrestlers coaching themselves

---------- PSU with jammies and unbiased doing all the recruiting and coaching

Easy there buddy. I like to think I can hold some better company.

13 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Easy there buddy. I like to think I can hold some better company.

Yeah, but you posted jammies pet propaganda project, the "these guys can coach themselves" narrative. That is the essence of jammies. 

Edited by TBar1977

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Yeah, but you posted jammies pet propaganda project, the "these guys can coach themselves" narrative. That is the essence of jammies. 

I must have had a subliminal nightmare last night that provoked this.

1 hour ago, headshuck said:

I used to keep pretty good tabs on them.  It was exhausting.

Lol. So what about you and scribe being two sides of the same coin? Hammerlock being the razor's edge? 

Edited by TBar1977

50 minutes ago, headshuck said:

What if Cael retired and David Tayler took over?  Would they skip a beat?

David Tayler? He sucks. The one you want to make coach is David Taylor (the wrestler)!

1 hour ago, unbiased said:

Just so the PSU faithful doesn't take this to heart, I'm not saying Cael can't coach, he can and is arguably the best at his craft right now. It was a joke for the non PSU faithful.

seems like a biased opinion