Sign in to follow this  
silverback

The Mat.com forum readers rankings

Since we all think we are a great deal more intelligent than the professional rankers (including Yours Truly, hey that might be a great name for a restaurant).  Anyway someone with enough technical skills should set up a ranking board that themat.com members could vote on.  We can keep it there all season long and see how we stack up against the professionals.  It would change each week depending on weekly results.  As an additional bonus we could have multiple discussions as to why we voted for a particular wrestler.  And why I'm correct and you weren't. I think the top ten at each weight would be enough.  It needs to be pinned to the board because much like me most wrestlers are to lazy to make an entire new list each week.  What da ya think, Hombre's?      

People would never lie as to who they voted for.  Just not done here on themat.com.  Someone much smarter than me would have to figure out how to set it up and what rules we would need.  Perhaps maybe you?  

2 minutes ago, silverback said:

People would never lie as to who they voted for.  Just not done here on themat.com.  Someone much smarter than me would have to figure out how to set it up and what rules we would need.  Perhaps maybe you?  

No, I'm not the guy. Limited in time as it is. I'm not sure I would have the time to participate but I am interested in the premise.

Rankings are EASY:  See Example

125: Exactly as they should be!  ;)

1.Rivera

2.Lee

3.Bresser

4.Piccininni

5.Mueller

6.Foley

7.Russell

8.Glory

9.Millhof

10.Arujau

11.Fleetwood

12.Mattin

13.Fausz

14.Colby Smith

15.Moisey

16.Brown

17.Piotrowski

18.Montoya

19.McGee

20.Verner

54 minutes ago, silverback said:

Since we all think we are a great deal more intelligent than the professional rankers (including Yours Truly, hey that might be a great name for a restaurant).  Anyway someone with enough technical skills should set up a ranking board that themat.com members could vote on.  We can keep it there all season long and see how we stack up against the professionals.  It would change each week depending on weekly results.  As an additional bonus we could have multiple discussions as to why we voted for a particular wrestler.  And why I'm correct and you weren't. I think the top ten at each weight would be enough.  It needs to be pinned to the board because much like me most wrestlers are to lazy to make an entire new list each week.  What da ya think, Hombre's?      

There is no direct correlation between saying a ranker is wrong and saying you're better on all things rankings.  If a pilot steers his plane at the ground I can say he's wrong and I don't know how to fly a plane.  

20 minutes ago, silverback said:

I'll get it started:  You are wrong.  Moisey should be ranked #14.

Moisey is 6-5 and is lucky I ranked him at all.  Even his wins have been ugly.  His 18 sec inj. def. win over Brown is the only reason I have him ranked and almost didn't use that as a criteria....

2 minutes ago, unbiased said:

...and so it begins.

Top 10 only is too limited and much easier to do.  Usually, once you get into the teens it is much harder because wrestler A often has a win over wrestler B, but lost to wrestler C and B has a win over C.  Wading through that is a LOT more difficult.

10 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Top 10 only is too limited and much easier to do.  Usually, once you get into the teens it is much harder because wrestler A often has a win over wrestler B, but lost to wrestler C and B has a win over C.  Wading through that is a LOT more difficult.

Correct. That is why I would vote for a top ten.

35 minutes ago, boconnell said:

There is no direct correlation between saying a ranker is wrong and saying you're better on all things rankings.  If a pilot steers his plane at the ground I can say he's wrong and I don't know how to fly a plane.  

Lucky for you the pilot knows how to fly AND land, so the peanut gallery is safely ignored.  :)

I really don't know if themat.com would allow a forum ranking voting,  but I think it would be fun to compare us to the professionals and maybe increase their viewer numbers.  

I hope I'm making myself clear about the ranking.  I'm talking themat.com forum members as a whole group.  Not individually. 

Edited by silverback

I came here hoping to seeing a ranking of TheMat members who are actually capable of reading a post correctly.  Leaving disappointed.   :(

If we are just ranking wrestlers then I believe David Taylor still wins any and all hypothetical matchups on here. 

Edited by MadMardigain