Sign in to follow this  
ConnorsDad

Ferrari's No Longer @ Blair

As of yesterday, they were not enrolled at BC.

NJ transfer rules, if they change addresses they are eligible to compete immediately.  If they transfer, they will move.   The problem is they needed to be enrolled on 1/7/19 to be eligible for the post-season.   Of course, I am hearing they are trying every angle to get around this.  This is the hang up in the transfer.

does anyone think it is odd that he gets expelled for fighting on the 8th... one day after the transfer rules... 3 days after competing for them at geary?

does anyone really think that a #1 in the nation kid couldn't get someone to figure out a way around a simple donny brook in HS?

i think it is safe to say they were issues brewing and someone made the astute call to handle it at a time that it would be most beneficial for them...

i'm not saying this is skull and crossbones kinda stuff, but, the whole thing is shady...

I wonder what Jacob Cardenas and his family think about all this ...? He is only the #2 ranked wrestler at 195 in the country right behind Ferrari.

I noticed Bergen Catholic doesn’t have a kid nationally ranked on Flo at 220 so I’m gonna assume 1 of Ferrari/Cardenas move up to 220 rest of the season. Which one?

1 hour ago, LJB said:

does anyone think it is odd that he gets expelled for fighting on the 8th... one day after the transfer rules... 3 days after competing for them at geary?

does anyone really think that a #1 in the nation kid couldn't get someone to figure out a way around a simple donny brook in HS?

No and No.  Why would you think the #1 ranked kid should receive any special academic/eligibility treatment vs the #2, #10, #20 or an unranked student athlete?

you are kidding yourself if you don't think these types of things don't happen all the time...

is it right?

absolutely not

but, that story is as old as time...

again, i don't have a clue of the situation, but, i retain my skeptical hippo eyes if he was expelled one day past the cut off date purely for a little dust up... clearly there were issues brewing... 

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

you are kidding yourself if you don't think these types of things don't happen all the time...

is it right?

absolutely not

but, that story is as old as time...

again, i don't have a clue of the situation, but, i retain my skeptical hippo eyes if he was expelled one day past the cut off date purely for a little dust up... clearly there were issues brewing... 

Only one I'd reply to is I very highly doubt a school in this day and age can get away with expelling a kid unless there is well documented reason for the expolsion.  Don't break the rules and you won't have a problem.

i have little doubt blair has covered their themselves...  i have little doubt they have all sort of athlete policies for the "sponsored" athletes they recruit...  and furthermore, i am not implying the expulsion is not warranted... i am just saying the timing is shady as fuk... my pure speculation is that the "sponsorship" of the athlete was in doubt much earlier than tuesday and it was chosen to be dealt with at a time that was the most beneficial to the institution and least for the athlete...

Maybe a place like Blair is different, but I don't recall many people being expelled for 1 fight, unless there was some sort of weapon or something involved.  So I'd speculate either that or there were other issues previously.   Or certainly possible Blair just has a "zero tolerance policy"

2 hours ago, Roadkill said:

As of yesterday, they were not enrolled at BC.

NJ transfer rules, if they change addresses they are eligible to compete immediately.  If they transfer, they will move.   The problem is they needed to be enrolled on 1/7/19 to be eligible for the post-season.   Of course, I am hearing they are trying every angle to get around this.  This is the hang up in the transfer.

They WERE enrolled on 1/7/19 though, correct? Maybe not at BC, but at Blair. Semantics, maybe, but worth checking into for loopholes.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Only one I'd reply to is I very highly doubt a school in this day and age can get away with expelling a kid unless there is well documented reason for the expolsion.  Don't break the rules and you won't have a problem.

That's the point he's trying to make, though.  These days you absolutely need a documented history for an expulsion unless it's something crazy.  A fight isn't going to do it so like he said, this has likely been brewing for some time.

EDIT - Blair Academy is a private school so maybe a fight would do it.  Private schools do not have to operate like a public school and they could certainly toss somebody for a fight.

Edited by StallWarning

3 minutes ago, StallWarning said:

That's the point he's trying to make, though.  These days you absolutely need a documented history for an expulsion unless it's something crazy.  A fight isn't going to do it so like he said, this has likely been brewing for some time.

EDIT - Blair Academy is a private school so maybe a fight would do it.  Private schools do not have to operate like a public school and they could certainly toss somebody for a fight.

If a fight wouldn't do it, what would?  I'm sure all schools have rules & yes Blairs could be more restrictive, but a fight isn't a big deal?  ;_;

a fight that just happened to occur the day after the transfer rule?

2 days after traveling from OK?

i get this whole give them the benefit of the doubt, but, this is bordering on full scale naivete'... 

Just now, ionel said:

If a fight wouldn't do it, what would?  I'm sure all schools have rules & yes Blairs could be more restrictive, but a fight isn't a big deal?  ;_;

No, in a public school a fight wouldn't even move the needle.  My GF is a teacher in a middle of the road district in the state and there are 3-5 fights per month on average.  Nobody is ever expelled because they got in a fight.  They'd be out with a suspension for 3-10 days depending on how bad the fight was and that was that.  They aren't going to expel dozens of kids a year for fighting.  

But again, I made my edit because Blair Academy is a private school and nobody has a right to attend it.  It's difficult to expel a kid from a public school because they have a right to that education and even if they are expelled the district is going to have to provide them with access to one.  A private school may very well be willing to toss kids for fighting because they can.  

So, I actually after thinking about it I think it's likely nothing shady was going on and if he got into a fight he was tossed.

2 hours ago, fudge_tunnel said:

This is not surprising, having spent time in the north Dallas area and having the Ferrari’s in our club for a short time.  They should have stayed in Allen, where things are often “overlooked” for the sake of athletic achievement

Care to elaborate? Were they known for fighting? Other stuff?

5 hours ago, LJB said:

i think it is safe to say they were issues brewing and someone made the astute call to handle it at a time that it would be most beneficial for them...

i'm not saying this is skull and crossbones kinda stuff, but, the whole thing is shady...

When I was in HS, there was a kid (who ended up playing for Pitt) who played for St. Thomas More's basketball team on a Wednesday against us, got kicked out of St. Thomas More, enrolled at Notre Dame Prep...and played there on Saturday, also against us! Alas, in the New England prep league, there were (and I believe still are) absolutely no transfer restrictions.

2 hours ago, LJB said:

a fight that just happened to occur the day after the transfer rule?

2 days after traveling from OK?

i get this whole give them the benefit of the doubt, but, this is bordering on full scale naivete'... 

I'm struggling to figure out your conspiracy theory.

So do you think there wasn't a fight and the school waited to expel him, for other reasons, after the transfer rule, just so he couldn't wrestle?

Or there was a fight before they traveled, and they let him compete, and then expelled him after the transfer rule date?   

Or the school itself instigated a fight after their last competition, just prior to the transfer rule date, so that when he was expelled, he couldn't compete?

12 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

I'm struggling to figure out your conspiracy theory.

So do you think there wasn't a fight and the school waited to expel him, for other reasons, after the transfer rule, just so he couldn't wrestle?

Or there was a fight before they traveled, and they let him compete, and then expelled him after the transfer rule date?   

Or the school itself instigated a fight after their last competition, just prior to the transfer rule date, so that when he was expelled, he couldn't compete?

My guess is he believes they had reason to expel him before but waited until after the transfer date. His next offense was a fight so they blamed it on that. Normal schools wouldnt expell someone just for fighting, let alone a number 1 ranked athlete in the nation. 

Edited by Molsen

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Maybe a place like Blair is different, but I don't recall many people being expelled for 1 fight, unless there was some sort of weapon or something involved.  So I'd speculate either that or there were other issues previously.   Or certainly possible Blair just has a "zero tolerance policy"

One thing that most elite private schools will not tolerate is fighting amongst it's student body.  If it happened during practice or after practice, in the locker room, etc... they may turn the other cheek.  However, if someone was involved in a fight during an academic class or while in the dorm I could see where Blair may have a zero tolerance policy.  What one must also understand is that it's not like some regular student wouldn't take the opportunity to push every button on a star athlete just to get them expelled.  

Edited by Bryan

What is a highly charged issue now that wasn't so in the recent past even less an issue in the long term past?

Bullying in schools - It is akin to "hostile work place" at your employer.