Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ConnorsDad

Ferrari's No Longer @ Blair

Recommended Posts

So does this mean he will not be allowed to wrestle for PSU?

Also, in some states at least in the Midwest, all athletic violations have to transfer with you, but of course we do put education first and very rarely will you see any school make an exception for a blue chip athlete,  seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Molsen said:

My guess is he believes they had reason to expel him before but waited until after the transfer date. His next offense was a fight so they blamed it on that. Normal schools wouldnt expell someone just for fighting, let alone a number 1 ranked athlete in the nation. 

Blair Academy is not a normal school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SetonHallPirate said:

Blair Academy is not a normal school.

This is 100% true, and it could have just been a fight. But they also are an extremely competitive wrestling school, so would it be that suprising if they waited until after the transfer date to expel him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Maybe a place like Blair is different, but I don't recall many people being expelled for 1 fight, unless there was some sort of weapon or something involved.  So I'd speculate either that or there were other issues previously.   Or certainly possible Blair just has a "zero tolerance policy"

A school like Blair is waaaaay different. The faculties at elite boarding schools have an aggressive attitude against athletics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My guess is he believes they had reason to expel him before but waited until after the transfer date. His next offense was a fight so they blamed it on that. Normal schools wouldnt expell someone just for fighting, let alone a number 1 ranked athlete in the nation. 
If he had disciplinary problems earlier, then got in a fight in the last couple of days, the timing of expulsion around the transfer date would not be suspicious as he claims, just coincidence.

If he had no prior incidents and got expelled for a single fight, it is likely he broke some kind of code of conduct (or seriously injured the other person), and again not some kind of conspiracy to keep him from wrestling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a single fight is DEFINITELY enough to get him kicked out of Blair. 

The culture of some of these private schools would amaze you. I had a kid with a 4.2 GPA place at Fila Juniors and the faculties main takeaway was that they couldn't believe he had been allowed to miss class. 

I doubt the Blair wrestling team wags the dog as much as you guys seem to think.

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

a single fight is DEFINITELY enough to get him kicked out of Blair. 

The culture of some of these private schools would amaze you. I had a kid with a 4.2 GPA place at Fila Juniors and the faculties main takeaway was that they couldn't believe he had been allowed to miss class. 

I doubt the Blair wrestling team wags the dog as much as you guys seem to think.

This.

I'd dig up the Blair student handbook, but unfortunately, it's behind a $43,400-a-year paywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crotalus said:

I'm struggling to figure out your conspiracy theory.

So do you think there wasn't a fight and the school waited to expel him, for other reasons, after the transfer rule, just so he couldn't wrestle?

Or there was a fight before they traveled, and they let him compete, and then expelled him after the transfer rule date?   

Or the school itself instigated a fight after their last competition, just prior to the transfer rule date, so that when he was expelled, he couldn't compete?

i don't have a theory per se... the whole situation just doesn't pass the smell test to me... seems a little too convenient... 

but, it may be totally on the up and up... the kid may have got back from a traveling across the country on sunday then instigated an altercation with somebody early enough monday to be expelled same day and him and his family shopping for schools on tuesday...

now, who had that bridge for sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they prevent him from transferring? He would never compete against them.  That doesn't make sense.

 

Also, I worked at an elite boarding school.  Discipline cases aren't as quick to resolve as one may think.  I remember being on the discipline committee and having a case take six days to reach us.  I'm sure the school has to investigate and make sure all legal ducks are in a row. 

 

And Blair is only 43,400?  Is that just for day students or is that boarding?  

Edited by AHamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, teach said:

So does this mean he will not be allowed to wrestle for PSU?

Also, in some states at least in the Midwest, all athletic violations have to transfer with you, but of course we do put education first and very rarely will you see any school make an exception for a blue chip athlete,  seriously.

Hard to even know where to start with this one:  hubris, condescension, poor punctuation.  I am at a loss.  That chop salad of a sentence may be the worst thing I have read all day.   My fervent hope is that you teach driver education. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

A school like Blair is waaaaay different. The faculties at elite boarding schools have an aggressive attitude against athletics. 

Having gone to one this not true.  There is more comraderie around sports than animosity.  Because they are boarding, many teachers are also coaches.

But there is very little tolerance for violations of their codes of conduct.  There is always another candidate willing to pay the dough to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AHamilton said:

Why would they prevent him from transferring? He would never compete against them.  That doesn't make sense.

 

Also, I worked at an elite boarding school.  Discipline cases aren't as quick to resolve as one may think.  I remember being on the discipline committee and having a case take six days to reach us.  I'm sure the school has to investigate and make sure all legal ducks are in a row. 

 

And Blair is only 43,400?  Is that just for day students or is that boarding?  

Just day. Boarding is $62,000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, ionel said:

If a fight wouldn't do it, what would?  I'm sure all schools have rules & yes Blairs could be more restrictive, but a fight isn't a big deal?  ;_;

Most public schools have an automatic policy of suspension for a fight - not an expulsion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sstern said:

Having gone to one this not true.  There is more comraderie around sports than animosity.  Because they are boarding, many teachers are also coaches.

But there is very little tolerance for violations of their codes of conduct.  There is always another candidate willing to pay the dough to go.

no it is true. I've gone to one a worked for 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blair is more of an elite athletics boarding school than an elite academics boarding school.  Usually it takes repeated behavioral issues to get kicked out of any private school.  The fight could easily have been the last straw.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×