Sign in to follow this  
OBXWrestler

184: The Cornell and Penn State Era

On 1/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, Gilgamesh said:

Second the thoughts, Gantry. Nice work, OBXwrestler. I believe if you look in depth at Gabes senior season, you will discern significant differences in his output at at least 2 different times. I felt then and do to this day that Gabe was off form on more than one occasion, and battling through it took a toll on him. As great as Gabe was/is, he would have had to have been 100% mentally/physically/emotionally  perfect to have beaten Bo-Cephus. He wasn't, and so the result. ALL credit to both individuals and their teams, but you're spot on, OBX. 184 is in Myles hands and I do not think it will slip through his fingers again.

Gabe Dean said recently that he had torn rib cartilage about two weeks (at EIWAs?) before NCAAs his senior year.  It affected his training in the run-up to the NCAAs.

Edited by klehner

14 hours ago, buckshot1969 said:

I figured this would show up again.

The weird thing is that if Shakur hadn't choked the streak would already be preserved.

Credit him for going out there while injured. Healthy, he would be in the finals.

10 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Credit him for going out there while injured. Healthy, he would be in the finals.

Even though he's injured he still should have just given up the TD when he was up by 3 w/ 30 seconds left. He got bounced because of poor match management.

10 hours ago, klehner said:

Gabe Dean said recently that he had torn rib cartilage about two weeks (at EIWAs?) before NCAAs his senior year.  It affected his training in the run-up to the NCAAs.

Crazy a wrestler wasn’t 100% in March, he must’ve been the only one banged up.