Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

How does this make you feel?

Nick is stoked.  He did look a bit banged up tonight though.  Hopefully he is 100%.  This could very possibly be 1 vs. 2 if Gross doesn't come back.  I like Daton and Nick over Micic but will have to wait a few weeks for that one. 

6 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Nick is stoked.  He did look a bit banged up tonight though.  Hopefully he is 100%.  This could very possibly be 1 vs. 2 if Gross doesn't come back.  I like Daton and Nick over Micic but will have to wait a few weeks for that one. 

They could possibly be #1 and #2 even if Gross DOES come back :D

Nick is mentally ready. Fix definitely is too. This match is going to be low scoring but very intense and action packed. 

Both guys rise to the occasion and do well under pressure. 

It is pretty crazy that Suriano’s only losses in the past few years have been to Spencer Lee, a multiple time age level world champ, and Gilman, a world silver and 5th. 

Fix’s only losses in the past few years are at U23s, 1 match at junior worlds, and 2 matches to Gilman. He has 2 junior world bronzes and a junior world gold. 

We are getting so much better at wrestling as a country and it is translating to folk as well. 

Then, on top of that, we have a guy like Micic, who is world level (euro bronze) and will compete at the world’s and maybe Olympics, in the mix too. 

When we look back on their careers, 133 from this season may end up rivaling the credentials of heavyweight last year (Snyder world/Olympic gold, Coon world silver, Dhesi possible Olympian and world teamer, Hemida U23 gold). 

I am looking forward to the bout but don't see much to talk about in the brief video clip.  I don't think he's sending an indirect message specifically to Fix, just caught up in the moment after a win.  Could be wrong, but would be a stretch to turn this into bulletin board material.  JMHO

I would say no one in the RAC took it as a taunt.  It was anticipation only.   Suriano knows it will be a war, and Fix has done nothing but represent himself and his country well.  Should be a great environment tomorrow.  First takedown will drive the match.  Hopefully both are fully healthy and ready to rumble. 

On 1/12/2019 at 12:54 AM, Threadkilla said:

He said he's gonna show everyone he is #2 at this weight.    He'll show ya when he loses to Fix.

Hey, remember this really stupid cheer the cheerleaders did back in JR High football? 

"we're number one, can't be number two

we're gonna beat the whoopie out of you"!