Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Ryan Deakin

Seeing this match live really made me appreciate Jason Nolf’s athletic ability. The speed in which he is able to clear tie ups and level change at will is amazing. No body’s leg is safe against him in college. It made a very good wrestler look average.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a college wrestler be so good at so many different moves. Does he even have a go-to move? That’s the thing that impresses me the most about him. Tremendous variety of attacks to both sides, tie-ups or from space. He looks perfectly ambidexterous with all that variety, which at the D1 level is ridiculously hard. Imagine how many hours he has drilled. 

35 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a college wrestler be so good at so many different moves. Does he even have a go-to move? That’s the thing that impresses me the most about him. Tremendous variety of attacks to both sides, tie-ups or from space. He looks perfectly ambidexterous with all that variety, which at the D1 level is ridiculously hard. Imagine how many hours he has drilled. 

Nolf has always reminded me a little of Lincoln Mcilravy and your ‘go to move’ comment made me think of an interview I saw once with Lincoln. Interviewer asked if he had a go to move and Lincoln got this little smile and answered, ‘yeah about 7’

15 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He does his Nolf Danger Roll in like half his matches 

Not mad about it

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

I tried to scan the 7 pages and may have missed it, but what may be the most impressive is a World Silver Medalist in Freestyle(U23) getting schooled on his feet like that!

Deakin got silver at junior worlds. More impressive than U23.