Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Ryan Deakin

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Other than the fact that both guys are completely different levels of wrestler and also completely different styles, that makes total sense.

Are you serious? 

That has NOTHING to do with anything. The point is I think 2019 Nolf would have a solid 4-5 point win over 2009 Burroughs!

I could use the PeeWee match my nephew wrestled in last week where he won 9-3 as a similar reference in terms of how dominant the win would be. 

How about this? I think a 2019 Nolf vs 2009 Burroughs would look similar to the last time Metcalf beat Burroughs. Is that BETTER.?LOOK I PRAISED YOUR PRECIOUS HAWKEYES!!!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

3 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Are you serious? 

That has NOTHING to do with anything. The point is I think 2019 Nolf would have a solid 4-5 point win over 2009 Burroughs!

For a match to look similar, there would have to be similar stylistic match ups.  If you want to say that Nolf would beat Burroughs by the same number of points, I would think that was stupid, but fine.  To say it looks the same when the wrestlers and styles are completely different....

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

For a match to look similar, there would have to be similar stylistic match ups.  If you want to say that Nolf would beat Burroughs by the same number of points, I would think that was stupid, but fine.  To say it looks the same when the wrestlers and styles are completely different....

I dont think the match would literally look the same. I ment the level of control between the two. Get it now? For a smart guy you're acting awfully dumb.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

12 minutes ago, ThorsteinV said:

If you're so confident that 2019 Nolf > 2009 Burroughs, then you obviously believe Nolf will win at least 7 world medals by 2028.  Do you care to place a wager?

No because I dont think Nolf will improve at the level that JB did post college.

Again big difference.

If it worked that way where are Metcalfs world medals? He is 2-0 against Burroughs.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

No because I dont think Nolf will improve at the level that JB did post college.

I figured as much, I was messing around but I would've gladly been a counterparty to such a bet. 

2 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Looking at the way Jimmy Kennedy handled Nolf at the World Team Trials in 2017 from the neutral position, I think both college-age Burroughs and college-age Dake would beat him.

Looking at the way 2017 Imar beat Nolf 2x, I would agree. Unfortunately for those using that kind of assessment it's not 2017 anymore.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

I've often thought that 2009 Jordan Burroughs was on the same level as *squints at record* freshman Hayden Hidlay.  Geezus.

Seriously, how does his argument keep getting WORSE the more he talks?

1 minute ago, DEFan79 said:

Once again, you lose any credibility you thought you had

Because I dont have 100% confidence in something? You're a genius dude. I guess you have 100% confidence in every decision you make. Must be great living the life of a simpleton.

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Looking at the way 2017 Imar beat Nolf 2x, I would agree. Unfortunately for those using that kind of assessment it's not 2017 anymore.

I'm talking about the freestyle season after the following year, after Nolf won his first NCAA title.

Nolf isn't dramatically better than he was then, and Kennedy controlled him.  

Just now, DEFan79 said:

I'm talking about the freestyle season after the following year, after Nolf won his first NCAA title.

Nolf isn't dramatically better than he was then, and Kennedy controlled him.  

Which was 2017. A lot has happened since then. Nolf has improved since then.

Hey genius find where I said 2009 Burroughs is the same as 2018 Hidlay. Sorry Vak's reading comprehension skills are so weak.

You made the comparison, saying the match between Nolf and Burroughs would be a 4-5 point victory for Nolf, and would look like the Nolf-Hidlay match.

I am going to try to help you here - just stop. You're not doing yourself any favors, and the more you dig a hole on this the worse it looks. Quit while you're (way) behind.

Which was 2017. A lot has happened since then. Nolf has improved since then.

Yeah, including beating Alec Pantaleo 6-4.  But I'm sure he would beat Burroughs by 4-5 points and dominate him.  Just wow, man. Wow.

1 minute ago, DEFan79 said:

You made the comparison, saying the match between Nolf and Burroughs would be a 4-5 point victory for Nolf, and would look like the Nolf-Hidlay match.

I am going to try to help you here - just stop. You're not doing yourself any favors, and the more you dig a hole on this the worse it looks. Quit while you're (way) behind.

Actually I'm not behind at all. I'm using JB from 2009 not the multitime world/Olympic medalist vs Nolf TODAY.

If Burroughs retired after college this wouldn't even be a discussion.

14 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Yeah, including beating Alec Pantaleo 6-4.  But I'm sure he would beat Burroughs by 4-5 points and dominate him.  Just wow, man. Wow.

Again not 2019. You're really not very good at this. You must think Max Thomson beat Nolf by 1 then.

And again 2009 JB.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Jeez, what a thread. Nolf wanted to score more team points, Deakin wanted him to score less.  It is what it is.  The 4-corners strategies by Deakin, Sebastian, McKenna, Oster, & Valdiviez saved NW the embarrassment of losing the dual 38-8.  ROTFLMFAO!  Storniolo: "At least we didn't get Bucknell'd tonight."

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Actually I'm not behind at all. I'm using JB from 2009 not the multitime world/Olympic medalist vs Nolf TODAY.

If Burroughs retired after college this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.  You're putting Jordan Burroughs 2009 on the same level as Hidlay 2018.  That's why several people on here have said you are being ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, panewbie1 said:

Jeez, what a thread. Nolf wanted to score more team points, Deakin wanted him to score less.  It is what it is.  The 4-corners strategies by Deakin, Sebastian, McKenna, Oster, & Valdiviez saved NW the embarrassment of losing the dual 38-8.  ROTFLMFAO!  Storniolo: "At least we didn't get Bucknell'd tonight."

Well played. 

4 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about.  You're putting Jordan Burroughs 2009 on the same level as Hidlay 2018.  That's why several people on here have said you are being ridiculous.

YOU ARE A GENIUS. I DID NOT PUT HIDLAY ON THE SAME LEVEL AS 2009 JB.

If Nolf wasnt injured in 2018 the score wouldn't have bee 6-2 vs Hidlay.

I'm saying the MATCH. 6-2

HEALTHY 2019 Nolf would beat 2009 Burroughs in a similar fashion that INJURED Nolf beat 2018 Hidlay. Get it? Clearly you dont!

2009 Burroughs would pound on INJURED 2018 Nolf. Get it?

Theres a big difference between healthy 2019 Nolf and 2018 Injured Nolf.

Edited by BigTenFanboy