Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

No Teasdale?

Still no Teasdale but this brings up a topic. With a super long shot of him wrestling for PSU this year and it being so late in the season, which wrestler came onto the scene the latest in the season without having wrestled a college match and made an impact at NCAA's?

On 1/13/2019 at 8:09 PM, Gantry said:

What if everyone is ducking HIM by wrestling when they know he isn't...  Think about it....   Actually, don't...

Hmm.  Perhaps, then, Teasdale is like Keyser Söze . . . An Unusual Suspect whom everyone fears but no one actually sees (wrestles).  

22 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Still no Teasdale but this brings up a topic. With a super long shot of him wrestling for PSU this year and it being so late in the season, which wrestler came onto the scene the latest in the season without having wrestled a college match and made an impact at NCAA's?

The answer could be Ray Brinzer.  late entry in B1G tournament for Iowa, Not seeded. May have wrestled No 1 seed and former HS teammate first match and won. 

I can't find interview on Flo where he tells the story. Found this instead  https://books.google.com/books?id=bMmnDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=ray+brinzer+unseeded+in+big+ten+tournament&source=bl&ots=1ng5Qb10eS&sig=-SbKlk7lxv5-8r21Z7uqjCmBM-Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPlvKaiPPfAhVQ1qwKHf3NACwQ6AEwCnoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=ray brinzer unseeded in big ten tournament&f=false

4 minutes ago, jstock said:

The answer could be Ray Brinzer.  late entry in B1G tournament for Iowa, Not seeded. May have wrestled No 1 seed and former HS teammate first match and won. 

I can't find interview on Flo where he tells the story. Found this instead  https://books.google.com/books?id=bMmnDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=ray+brinzer+unseeded+in+big+ten+tournament&source=bl&ots=1ng5Qb10eS&sig=-SbKlk7lxv5-8r21Z7uqjCmBM-Y&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiPlvKaiPPfAhVQ1qwKHf3NACwQ6AEwCnoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=ray brinzer unseeded in big ten tournament&f=false

Do you know what year that was?

1 hour ago, unbiased said:

I don't remember when, but Lincoln McIlravy's reshirt was pulled very late in the season. I remember being surprised that Troy Steiner could make 134 with such short notice to make room for McIlravy in the line-up.

12 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I don't remember when, but Lincoln McIlravy's reshirt was pulled very late in the season. I remember being surprised that Troy Steiner could make 134 with such short notice to make room for McIlravy in the line-up.

RS was pulled relatively late but pretty sure he had been wrestling a good bit unattached prior to that

kind of like Mark Hall's freshman season

40 minutes ago, unbiased said:

He finished 3rd at NCAA's that year. Does anyone know if that was his freshman year?

Sorry I gave Lincoln Mcilravy's credentials.......Long day...Lol

He won it in 1993, 1994, 2nd in 1995 and won it for the third time in 1997.   1993 was his Frosh year.

Edited by Roadkill

33 minutes ago, unbiased said:

He finished 3rd at NCAA's that year. Does anyone know if that was his freshman year?

Brinzer was a RS-Soph that year.  He spent his freshman year at OKST, winning the Big8 and finishing RD12 @NCAAs

I think McIlravy got in the lineup right before The Big Ten Meet his freshman year, lost to Dan Spilde in the finals, then won NCAA's wrestling an unbelievable match in the finals vs. Gerry Abas 16-15.....maybe one of the greatest finals matches ever.......McIlravy put it all on the line.....Fix and Suriano need to watch this match....LOL.  Fadzaev