Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

No Teasdale?

i say we don't give this kid the hype or overhype.  For all we know, he could flake out all together, and waste his talent on whatever other activities he may be into.  Instead, I'd rather be supportive of Teske and Schnupp.  Cael must have his hands full.. hopefully he's not another head case, or thinks he entitled to something... that would be even more disappointing. 

NOTE:  I am NOT suggesting that he IS any of these things... it's pure speculation.  If you want to run to his defense... feel free, waste your energy and time.

1 hour ago, fadzaev2 said:

I think McIlravy got in the lineup right before The Big Ten Meet his freshman year, lost to Dan Spilde in the finals, then won NCAA's wrestling an unbelievable match in the finals vs. Gerry Abas 16-15.....maybe one of the greatest finals matches ever.......McIlravy put it all on the line.....Fix and Suriano need to watch this match....LOL.  Fadzaev

Well oddly enough it was partly decided by a controversial stall call - 

30 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Did Blatnick say he was only the second true freshman to win? I can offhand think of three others before him. Milkovich, Burley, Reiss come to mind quickly.

Almost as good as when Coleman Scott pinned Joey Slayton and Blatnick said "I cant think of a nationals where I saw 2 pins in the first 2 matches!" Kind of a head scratcher since Escobedo won by decision right before Colemans win....

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Maybe he can't, I couldn't say. Here are some options for the rest of the season if he doesn't enter a dual. It seems to either be a lengthy list of strange coincidences or he wasn't going to wrestle this year at all (dual or otherwise).

Feb. 2 - Edinboro Open (Edinboro Univ.)
Feb 2 - Messiah Open (Messiah College)
Feb. 10 - East Stroudsburg Warriors Winter Open (East Stroudsburg Univ.)
Mar. 2 - National Collegiate Open (Smyrna High School, Smyrna, DE)

7 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Flu? It can hang around for months. 

He probably still has the same flu he caught from Spencer Lee two years ago. If its good enough for Spencer Freaking Lee then who are we to say it isn't good enough for young Teasdale? 

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

He probably still has the same flu he caught from Spencer Lee two years ago. If its good enough for Spencer Freaking Lee then who are we to say it isn't good enough for young appropriately aged sophomore but true freshman Teasdale? 

FIFY

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

He probably still has the same flu he caught from Spencer Lee two years ago. If its good enough for Spencer Freaking Lee then who are we to say it isn't good enough for young Teasdale? 

I know Teasdale and I hope it's good enough to help him win the NCAA Title as well.  

On 1/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, TBar1977 said:

He also probably has mono for the third time, just like Spencer.  

It's definitely not a good sign that Teasdale has not wrestled at all this year, even unattached at some tournaments.  I know Teske was banged up this year, but he's only wrestled what, 3 matches so far this year?  I'm thinking we see Schnupp fill the 125lb slot at PSU for another year.  

3 hours ago, justafan said:

I also heard it not sure where though.Imagine his name will be on the transfer portal soon

Any guesses?  Can he transfer to another B10 school and compete immediately?  If not I would expect to see him somewhere like Lock Haven.