Sign in to follow this  
headshuck

Is Frayer missed at Iowa?

Along with Zalesky's recruits.

Why is it that EVERY one of your posts is about Iowa? Hmmmm......

I think this poster is this one crazy old guy Brands stop letting creep around the locker room that Jimmy let hang around. Harmless dude but weird, and he has an axe to grind.

Along with Zalesky's recruits.

Why is it that EVERY one of your posts is about Iowa? Hmmmm......

I think this poster is this one crazy old guy Brands stop letting creep around the locker room that Jimmy let hang around. Harmless dude but weird, and he has an axe to grind.

IC... you might want to hit the sack.

I think McD benefited from the leadership from the seniors last season ... this year he pulling double duty leading and competing, and he's only a sophmore. I'd still bet on McDonough. He's still my pick for a national title this year (now that Nickerson graduated) Okay, just kidding. My money is on McD.

I have never hung around the Iowa room. I have never liked the arrogant attitude many of their fans have. I knew before the season started they would not be very good, and some posters at other sites stated the same opinions and they were called all sorts of names.

I have never hung around the Iowa room. I have never liked the arrogant attitude many of their fans have. I knew before the season started they would not be very good, and some posters at other sites stated the same opinions and they were called all sorts of names.
You knew before the season started that Iowa wasn't going to be very good? LOL!

EVERYONE on the planet that knows anything at all about college wrestling knew Iowa wasn't going to be very good this year. And by that I mean, by "Iowa Standards".

I think your imagination is getting the best of you, for the most part. I can picture fictitious arguments continually being played out in your head. But to each his own Sir.

GO HAWKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To serial thriller. The reason I post a lot about Iowa is because I used to be a fan, and both myself, some friends and neighbors became disgusted at both the way Zalesky was dumped and the ensuing belief by many Hawk fans that Tom Brands " walked on water". Many Hawk fans I have known act as if they are entitled to win the NCAA, and if anyone disagrees with them, they are Hawk haters, silly, stupid, trolls or some other not so pleasant name. One person in my neighborhood figured out who I was, came to my home, and, well, it did not end well for him. I do not hate Iowa, I live here.

To serial thriller. The reason I post a lot about Iowa is because I used to be a fan, and both myself, some friends and neighbors became disgusted at both the way Zalesky was dumped and the ensuing belief by many Hawk fans that Tom Brands " walked on water". Many Hawk fans I have known act as if they are entitled to win the NCAA, and if anyone disagrees with them, they are Hawk haters, silly, stupid, trolls or some other not so pleasant name. One person in my neighborhood figured out who I was, came to my home, and, well, it did not end well for him. I do not hate Iowa, I live here.

Tell us about the fight! Did you f him up pretty good? Did you burp in him to teach him a real lesson after you whooped him? cant wait for the details!

Maybe you like Iowa better than Iowa likes you. Is it time for you to move? Oregon and Zalesky are calling you.

IMO, the Hawks have missed Schwab and also a big guy with talent to teach the 184-HWT guys. I don't have any inside info or a crystal ball, but I expect some changes for next year.

IMO, the Hawks have missed Schwab and also a big guy with talent to teach the 184-HWT guys. I don't have any inside info or a crystal ball, but I expect some changes for next year.

Umm...Last I checked Iowa has Kurt Backes, a 2x AA and NCAA finalist, coaching the upper-weights. If you were at NCAA's, Backes was in the corner with Tom or Terry for almost all weight classes, not just the upper's. Backes deserves to be the 2nd paid assistant, with M* being moved to volunteer.

Umm...Last I checked Iowa has Kurt Backes, a 2x AA and NCAA finalist, coaching the upper-weights. If you were at NCAA's, Backes was in the corner with Tom or Terry for almost all weight classes, not just the upper's. Backes deserves to be the 2nd paid assistant, with M* being moved to volunteer.

Brent Metcalf and Jay Borschel are missed far more than Frayer, IMO.

And who was their strength and conditioning coach?!?! Mike Faust ladies and gentleman. 2 national championships. The most missed man in the history of Iowa wrestling. Write that down. Also, Nik "The Machete" Fekete was in the room. His work ethic is contagious.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm trying to follow along, confused because the names and what not. Then I realized that Donnie brought it back up AFTER 2 YEARS! And does so by posting on it as if he'd been stewing over it for over 700 days! Unreal.

And now, if you don't reveal to this entire forum how the fight with your neighbor went down, I will ignore you while I petition to have you banned from this site.

I think he's missed, but I think Schwab is the biggest loss.

I agree. While the Brandses are decent recruiters, Iowa definitely misses Schwab's coaching expertise.

x

Hurricane, I have to take issue with the offensive slight that is implied in your post.

Schwab was a decent recruiter too.