wrestlingzen

Gfeller v. Ashnault

2 minutes ago, Aviator12 said:

Which was??

Let's just say that both teams were docked a point for action by Ashnault followed by Gfeller shoving Ashnault after the latter's hand was raised...

Edited by klehner

Both docked.  Seems excessive.  I believe six shooters, while not a classy move, is not illegal.  It worked to stoke up the fans.  Good atmosphere today.  Really bad Ref control. Whatever. 

Gfeller is a scrappy dude, but Schnaulty just a little bit better in all positions.  AA's ankle pick is filthy, fun match.

Now that I think of it, does Gfeller ever have a boring match?  Dude brings it every time

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Gfeller is a scrappy dude, but Schnaulty just a little bit better in all positions.  AA's ankle pick is filthy, fun match.

Now that I think of it, does Gfeller ever have a boring match?  Dude brings it every time

That's why I like watching Gfeller: he's always working.

17 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Ashnault pumped after beating the backup

I don't think Gfeller is a backup anymore - I would be very surprised if Boo L (even if healthy) could beat G now.

17 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Both docked.  Seems excessive.  I believe six shooters, while not a classy move, is not illegal.  It worked to stoke up the fans.  Good atmosphere today.  Really bad Ref control. Whatever. 

How are six shooters any different than a throat slash?

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

How are six shooters any different than a throat slash?

Throat slash is mimicked violence; six shooters is a reference to OSU Cowboys?  Don't be obtuse.

I didn't love it honestly.  None of that is my thing.  I prefer taking off the bands and laying them down parallel, followed by a heartfelt handshake.  

1 minute ago, TFBJR said:

Throat slash is mimicked violence; six shooters is a reference to OSU Cowboys?  Don't be obtuse.

I didn't love it honestly.  None of that is my thing.  I prefer taking off the bands and laying them down parallel, followed by a heartfelt handshake.  

I did the 6 shooters once in HS, which shocked everybody because I was one of those stoic dudes who usually did what you stated. Felt bad afterward because the guy I beat was a really cool dude. We had a helluva match though, I was super excited to beat him. 

It's hard to contain the excitement, sometimes, especially when somebody is still a young kid.

24 minutes ago, wrestlingzen said:

Presser with Goodale and Ashnault: https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/video-goodale-smith-talk-ru-osu-match.160425/. Question about post-match activity starts around 2:20, first with AA, then with coach. I like Goodale's response--speaks to the question without throwing blame around.

Im sure the punks that threw water bottles on the mat after Fix win were just having fun too..  embarrassing comment by Goodale.

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Do you think shooting guns at someone is violent? So wouldn't mimicking shooting guns be mimicking violence?

So then OSU shouldn't be doing it at all either then?

Edited by 1032004