FriendlyCamper

Desanto Team Point

Both the face push at the end of the match and talking trash to your opponent are totally unacceptable behavior.  Waving your arms to the crowd or the hand to the ear part I have no problem with that,  as the crowd had been taunting him.  Now if he had given them the middle finger or a throat slash I would have tossed him.  Lets not forget that there was an incident at the end of the 149/lb match where the Rutgers wrestler shot down the OK State bench.  I am all for having fun but a line must be drawn in the  sand as to what acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior are in wrestling.  These coaching staffs had best get these kids under control or wrestling will have a major incident in the near future.  I can only imagine what some of the old school coaches like Tommy Chesbro, Doug Blubaugh, Gray Simons or Grady Peninger would have done had one of their wrestlers acted like a fool after a match.  

Edited by Bryan

I don't like DeSanto's antics at all, and I can't believe Brands hasn't reeled his behavior in yet. I think it reflects more badly on Tom Brands than it does Austin DeSanto.  DeSanto is a young, stupid, excitable kid. Tom Brands is about 50 and should know his wrestlers need to comport themselves better.

Full disclosure: I ADMIRE DeSanto's effort on the mat. Balls out, 100% energy all the time. He's a punk who needs adult guidance badly, though.

Edited by TobusRex

7 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

Fair or not, Desanto has set himself up as the guy everyone loves to hate and the crowd will cheer when he loses at NCAA's.  

Yup. I don't mind a good heel as long as he produces, though. DeSanto needs some discipline none the less.

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You can't see any spit, but the spitting gesture is there. It wasn't the face mush at the end, it was the way he face mushed. Then the I can't hear you and throat slitting gestures. Piece of work. 

What do you mean "the way" he face mushed?   The face mush looked to be before the whistle so I don't really have a problem with that.   Throat slash and spitting gesture not cool though.

57 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Lets not forget that there was an incident at the end of the 149/lb match where the Rutgers wrestler shot down the OK State bench.  I am all for having fun but a line must be drawn in the  sand as to what acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior are in wrestling.  These coaching staffs had best get these kids under control or wrestling will have a major incident in the near future. 

Suriano vs. Desanto on Friday?

28 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I don't like DeSanto's antics at all, and I can't believe Brands hasn't reeled his behavior in yet. I think it reflects more badly on Tom Brands than it does Austin DeSanto.  DeSanto is a young, stupid, excitable kid. Tom Brands is about 50 and should know his wrestlers need to comport themselves better.

Full disclosure: I ADMIRE DeSanto's effort on the mat. Balls out, 100% energy all the time. He's a punk who needs adult guidance badly, though.

I think Brands and DeSanto are a bad combo. Brands preaches intensity and aggression on the mat and is always trying to get his guys fired up. DeSanto already has intensity for days, but he can't control it. He needs someone who can reel him in. I don't think Brands can do it because it is against his nature and would almost seem hypocritical if he did. When DeSanto came off the mat, he was getting hi-fives and congratulations when he really needed someone to tell him to cool it.