FriendlyCamper

Desanto Team Point

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

You like the uniform he wears, not the person wearing it.

Incorrect.  I'm here for any of these types of antics.  Including Gable Steveson, Bo Nickal, Anthony Ashnault, Thomas Gilman, etc.  The only time I have a problem is what happened at NCAA last year w/ Desanto and Micic, where Micic could have been legitimately hurt.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Incorrect.  I'm here for any of these types of antics.  Including Gable Steveson, Bo Nickal, Anthony Ashnault, Thomas Gilman, etc.  The only time I have a problem is what happened at NCAA last year w/ Desanto and Micic, where Micic could have been legitimately hurt.

So u liked it when Nickal did the "Can you hear me?" after pinned Sammy Brooks? or his "Thats what we do" speech?

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

So u liked it when Nickal did the "Can you hear me?" after pinned Sammy Brooks? or his "Thats what we do" speech?

I loved the ear thing, even though it sucked that it happened against my guy.  I thought he sounded like a dork during his speech, but he definitely can say whatever he wants.

i think history has proven that vak has been pretty consistent in his support of shenanigans... i don't get the sense he wears skinny jeans or a scarf and talks about the injustices done on the wrestling mat...

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

I loved the ear thing, even though it sucked that it happened against my guy.  I thought he sounded like a dork during his speech, but he definitely can say whatever he wants.

Iowa needs more dorks.

Just now, unbiased said:

Iowa needs more dorks.

We could definitely use more badasses like Bo Nickal.  I think he might be the best collegiate wrestler this year, even better than Nolf.  He just happened to sound like a dork (to me) during that speech.  I fully defend anybody's right to celebrate while reserving the right to mock the execution of the celebration.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

We could definitely use more badasses like Bo Nickal.  I think he might be the best collegiate wrestler this year, even better than Nolf.  He just happened to sound like a dork (to me) during that speech.  I fully defend anybody's right to celebrate while reserving the right to mock the execution of the celebration.

Sounds good to me.

Wrestlers are allowed to act out after the match.

Fans are allowed to criticize said wrestler for acting out.

Other Fans are allowed to criticize Fans for criticizing said wrestler for acting out.

I'm down with that!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I was just thinking it would be nice if Iowa had somebody who WASN'T a dork...on the mat OR in the stands!!

Lugo seems pretty cool.  I would agree that Spencer, Desanto, Marinelli, Warner, and Stoll all seem dorky in different ways.

10 hours ago, denger said:

I think the unsportsmanlike call came from a face mush right after the whistle, which got the crowd to start booing him, so he carried on...

Some people strive win and lose with grace. Other people are DeSanto. At least he's consistent. 

Agree, as I was watching it, I thought DeSanto wrestled well game planned and scouted match, tactically executed, and I was thinking maybe this buffoon has turned the corner

But then, the match ends and it is like a detonator switch went off in his head and he immediately goes full on ignoramus; and that is after he won the match.

I am starting to think like others have posted in previous threads, that this guy is a 133-pound-Forest-Gump with possible issues

Image result for don't you ever go full retard meme

Image result for forrest gump cleaning floor with toothbrush

19 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree with you on the rest of the people, it makes matches exciting. The reason I dont like desanto is because hes such a cry baby when he loses I.E. the Micic match.

1 minute ago, randyfoxwell said:

I agree with you on the rest of the people, it makes matches exciting. The reason I dont like desanto is because hes such a cry baby when he loses I.E. the Micic match.

The Micic match I won't defend, that's a different thing.  But other than that, I have no issues.  Desanto lost a tough match to Austin Gomez a few weeks ago in a highly pressurized environment (last match of the dual with the dual on the line) and he reacted well.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

The Micic match I won't defend, that's a different thing.  But other than that, I have no issues.  Desanto lost a tough match to Austin Gomez a few weeks ago in a highly pressurized environment (last match of the dual with the dual on the line) and he reacted well.

Fair enough, maybe hes getting better then.

1 hour ago, Crotalus said:

I think Brands and DeSanto are a bad combo. Brands preaches intensity and aggression on the mat and is always trying to get his guys fired up. DeSanto already has intensity for days, but he can't control it. He needs someone who can reel him in. I don't think Brands can do it because it is against his nature and would almost seem hypocritical if he did. When DeSanto came off the mat, he was getting hi-fives and congratulations when he really needed someone to tell him to cool it.

This^

For the life of me I don't get how anyone is at all surprised by Desanto's behavior this season.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

You would probably sound like a dork as well if  immediately after winning yourself and your team a National Title you have uberdork Quint Kessenich jamming a mike in your face after one of the most emotional moments of your life.     For the record I found it kinda dorky as well, but ESPN could let a kid celebrate with family for 5 minutes then interview a kid.    

4 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

You would probably sound like a dork as well if  immediately after winning yourself and your team a National Title you have uberdork Quint Kessenich jamming a mike in your face after one of the most emotional moments of your life.     For the record I found it kinda dorky as well, but ESPN could let a kid celebrate with family for 5 minutes then interview a kid.    

I think the year before after beating Dean was better...

Quint: "Who are you looking for?"

Bo: "My Family"

Quint: "They're over there."

Bo: "Where?"

Qunit: "Over there."

Bo: "Oh yea I see them!" - Waves

Edited by BigTenFanboy