Not the best day for PSU

Lee and Berge get upset

Cael ducks Wick (or Cenzo is injured which wouldn’t be good either)

Did not record a fall in the entire meet

Still no Teasdale this weekend

Desanto gets a better win than RBY has had (I know this one isn’t totally relevant but seems to be a bit of a debate here)

Yes they will still kill everyone at Nationals but non-PSU fans need to take what they can get.

13 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Somewhere, tbar just felt a tingle in his junk, letting him no somebody said something that might not be 100% positive about Penn State.

You are the third grown man (an assumption on my part, maybe wrong) on this board to make a reference about my junk in the past month. You sure you want to own that look?

Lee is fine. Had a bad match. Bet he outplaces Morsn at NCAAs.

Berge is another story. He went from maybe he is a title contender, to maybe he is an AA to borderline top 20 in the last 2 weeks. 

Cael needs to work his magic. He is losing 2 of his hammers and needs to replace them. Berge was supposed to be one of those guys. 

2 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You are the third grown man (an assumption on my part, maybe wrong) on this board to make a reference about my junk in the past month. You sure you want to own that look?

Much ado about nothing...

Lee is fine. Had a bad match. Bet he outplaces Morsn at NCAAs.
Berge is another story. He went from maybe he is a title contender, to maybe he is an AA to borderline top 20 in the last 2 weeks. 
Cael needs to work his magic. He is losing 2 of his hammers and needs to replace them. Berge was supposed to be one of those guys. 
I think Berge will be better next year when he doesn't have to kill himself to make 149.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn't see anybody congratulating Wisconsin.  Bono has done an incredible job there in a very short time period.  It's great to see a coach move to the Big 10 and have so much of an impact in such a short amount of time.  Has any other team done so well against Penn State this season?  

Also, it seems like Penn State has not been wrestling the greatest over the past couple of duals - even though they are still incredible and absolutely dominating.  Penn State is amazing and are great for the sport.  

3 hours ago, Glane18 said:

I didn't see anybody congratulating Wisconsin.  Bono has done an incredible job there in a very short time period.  It's great to see a coach move to the Big 10 and have so much of an impact in such a short amount of time.  Has any other team done so well against Penn State this season?  

Also, it seems like Penn State has not been wrestling the greatest over the past couple of duals - even though they are still incredible and absolutely dominating.  Penn State is amazing and are great for the sport.  

While saying anything suggestive of criticism of penn state. So as to not give inappropriate and adverse arousal to the cockles of tbar’s heart, you will want to follow the example of the post above and quickly make several complementary comments onto the psu program after the slight suggestive of criticism. 

14 hours ago, jchapman said:

Did PSU have a bad day, or did the Badgers have a good day?

A little of both, but more a matter of UW coming to wrestle and a couple of pretty close matches happening than anything else. I noticed earlier in the year how much fight Bono had instilled into your guys and it showed in this match. Your guys came to wrestle this past weekend for sure. 

Edited by TBar1977

12 hours ago, gowrestle said:

When a team has a bad day and still wins, it means that the team is very good. 

That is not what people were saying when Iowa didn't wrestle well again ISU (still won) and won Midlands by 1000 points.  According to the message board after the ISU meet and Midlands, Iowa went from second place at NCAAs to 7th. 

5 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

That is not what people were saying when Iowa didn't wrestle well again ISU (still won) and won Midlands by 1000 points.  According to the message board after the ISU meet and Midlands, Iowa went from second place at NCAAs to 7th. 

The Midlands sucks. Sorry, but there it is.

My take (PSU is where I went to school):

1 - while Lee was undefeated we really did not know if he was better than last year. Great endurance, looks a bit stronger, but ... My take is he needs to have other options on take-downs. He is well scouted now and needs to evolve as a wrestler

2 - Wisconsin made a point of tying up the PSU wrestlers. Unlike Northwestern, they came to wrestle. Tho a limited style as they had few take-downs. Still, nice to see another Big 10 team in the mix

3 - Berge - he is good. But do we really know his upside yet. He has 2 months to improve

Overall a good outing but not a great one. 

16 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Did not record a fall in the entire meet

First Wisconsin should be given credit, especially the first half of their lineup. They came to wrestle. The second half seemed content in losing by less than expected. Bellying out and taking stall calls, while a smart way to not get pinned, is not coming to wrestle i.e at 157,184,197. That's why I like tournament wrestling better, you gotta let it fly. Who wants to stall their way out of a tournament. 

19 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I think Berge will be better next year when he doesn't have to kill himself to make 149.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This. He's cutting too much just so he has a spot in the line up. I have bloodround expectations for him this year but I expect AA next year. He's really strong defensively but his offense needs to develop a little more. 

6 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

This. He's cutting too much just so he has a spot in the line up. I have bloodround expectations for him this year but I expect AA next year. He's really strong defensively but his offense needs to develop a little more. 

Martin is a tough wrestler, he’s beaten many good wrestlers in his career.  Maybe he make the cut seem hard for Berge.