Not the best day for PSU

I was at the match and I did appreciate how Bono seemed to prepare his guys. While some of them were stalling a bit, Bono constantly was encouraging them to wrestle and attack.  I don't think Bono will put up with guys who don't want to wrestle hard.  It will be interesting to see what he does as he improves the talent level.  Take a look at what he did at SDSU and even UTChatt in his short time there.  He develops AA's and brings a winning attitude.

He also is very active in the corner.  Reminds me of Brands and Schwab with his energy.  I personally, get a kick out of it.  There was one match where he didn't throw the brick, but instead, walked slowly towards the scoring table as the match was going on.  I saw him with a slight grin and Sanderson also smiled.  Not sure exactly what it was all about(we can all speculate) but it was humerous.  He definitely wanted the refs to know he wanted equal treatment for his wrestlers.

On a side note, in the corners for both teams were .. Sanderson, Sanderson, Varner, Bono and Reader...all ISU guys.  I would imagine that Bono was on the staff when many of these guys wrestled.

12 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

I was at the match and I did appreciate how Bono seemed to prepare his guys. While some of them were stalling a bit, Bono constantly was encouraging them to wrestle and attack.  I don't think Bono will put up with guys who don't want to wrestle hard.  It will be interesting to see what he does as he improves the talent level.  Take a look at what he did at SDSU and even UTChatt in his short time there.  He develops AA's and brings a winning attitude.

He also is very active in the corner.  Reminds me of Brands and Schwab with his energy.  I personally, get a kick out of it.  There was one match where he didn't throw the brick, but instead, walked slowly towards the scoring table as the match was going on.  I saw him with a slight grin and Sanderson also smiled.  Not sure exactly what it was all about(we can all speculate) but it was humerous.  He definitely wanted the refs to know he wanted equal treatment for his wrestlers.

On a side note, in the corners for both teams were .. Sanderson, Sanderson, Varner, Bono and Reader...all ISU guys.  I would imagine that Bono was on the staff when many of these guys wrestled.

McBono wasn’t in the corner?

7 hours ago, cem5202 said:

First Wisconsin should be given credit, especially the first half of their lineup. They came to wrestle. The second half seemed content in losing by less than expected. Bellying out and taking stall calls, while a smart way to not get pinned, is not coming to wrestle i.e at 157,184,197. That's why I like tournament wrestling better, you gotta let it fly. Who wants to stall their way out of a tournament. 

This is why I never thought you could crown a national champ from a duel because kids actively stall and refs don’t call it correctly 

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

I agree with all you have said here,   I think Wisconsin was just overmatched in alot of the stalling calls, but definitely some stalling.  Not really directed at you, but I have not seen any mention of the PSU 125 and 165 stalling.   No stalling calls for Wisconsin?   Not one?  Come on ....  After being taken down Manville stalled  whole period.

Bono is a good coach and his team will only get better. As for wrestling Penn State - Bono knows Cael well and it has to help in preparing his guys to face the Big Dog of the sport.

Bono was hell on wheels as a wrestler. Never let up. Looks as if he is getting some of that attitude in his wrestlers. I think the team will do better as time moves on. Give it a year or two and Michigan will be behind them.