TBar1977

Nebraska at Penn State

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Just shows how hard that is. He dominated the match so much that #2 Berger was just focused on not getting majored. 

I see these guys walking, stopping, then walking slowly back to the center of the mat. NW and UW did the same thing. They are doing everything they can to try and slow the pace down. Berger did a good job of fighting Nolf's attacks off, but he was also, as you say, just trying to survive.

Just now, TBar1977 said:

I see these guys walking, stopping, then walking slowly back to the center of the mat. NW and UW did the same thing. They are doing everything they can to try and slow the pace down. Berger did a good job of fighting Nolf's attacks off, but he was also, as you say, just trying to survive.

What are they supposed to do, run back to the center, too?  How many guys ran back to the center against Metcalf?  No one could keep pace with him and no one can keep pace with Nolf.  

It is just simple common sense to try to slow down and frustrate a guy like that and hope he makes mistakes trying too hard to press the action.   Even then, Nolf is just that much better. Believe me, a Berger or Deakin doesn't go into the match looking just to survive. Nolf is just too good and gives his opponents no time to really create anything. 

6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

What are they supposed to do, run back to the center, too?  How many guys ran back to the center against Metcalf?  No one could keep pace with him and no one can keep pace with Nolf.  

It is just simple common sense to try to slow down and frustrate a guy like that and hope he makes mistakes trying too hard to press the action.   Even then, Nolf is just that much better. Believe me, a Berger or Deakin doesn't go into the match looking just to survive. Nolf is just too good and gives his opponents no time to really create anything. 

Not many ran back to the Center against Metcalf. Metcalf was a beast that would rip people apart.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Just now, Bombermule said:

I know it’s been addressed on here in the past but the PSU announcer is such a homer that it is disrespectful to the Nebraska wrestlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, at the end of the White-Joseph match he started shouting about White not taking any shots at the end while he was in the middle of a shot after taking two other attempts.

1 minute ago, Bombermule said:

I know it’s been addressed on here in the past but the PSU announcer is such a homer that it is disrespectful to the Nebraska wrestlers.

Agreed it's over the top.

Yeah, at the end of the White-Joseph match he started shouting about White not taking any shots at the end while he was in the middle of a shot after taking two other attempts.

Right. If I weren’t watching on Flo and just listening to his play by play, I would have a totally different impression of this match.

1 minute ago, Relentless125 said:

To be fair, they were barely attacks.  White was losing and didn't fully pull the trigger to try to win.  I had a bigger issue with him insinuating that Berger was trying to hurt Nolf with the ankle grab of his that became a PD. 

12 minutes ago, Bombermule said:

Not that different from when Burak calls Iowa duals.