TBar1977

Nebraska at Penn State

45 minutes ago, Regulator said:

Husker, you made me second guess what I saw about the Red stall calls. But I just went back and watched it. 2 of the 3 stall calls were automatic because he dropped to a leg for the 5 count. Those aren’t debatable. The last one was a bit quick but  Lee was standing for 5 seconds without an attempt to return. So that one could be debatable but I would be on the side of it’s within the normal standard. 

Red's other problem is that he spent about 35 seconds underneath Lee hanging on Lee's ankle/leg hoping for an eventual stalemate. That was the front half of period 2 and while that came from a scramble it creates the perception of stalling. So when the actual stalls came, there wasn't going to be any leeway. 

2 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

I like homers and your predictions were pretty good but not seeing your Champ or 2 call?  Unless Nolf gets hurt, you guys have little chance of even one in the finals.  I did think Red wrestled pretty well and did not completely agree with the stalling calls(although TBar analyzed it better than me); Pa Boy Labriola showed he will be a force to reckon with in the near future(never had a doubt though that Hall would win it); don't think White will ever beat Joseph; and Venz didn't overly impress against an undersized opponent.

I  thought your 149 lbr competed well against Berge who was a blue chip prospect and think he will come along nicely.

Ill admit Im a Nebraska Homer. Im probably looking though that lense at  Red's stall calls.

As far as the champ or 2. Anyone can beat anyone on amy given day. Venz I feel could make the finals and no he didnt bring his A game yesturday.After wrestling Martin a few time could give him a run. So thats one. White has looked good against Cenzo and could/should have beat him at NCAAs last year. So that could be 2. Berger... maybe...probably not byt maybe

8 minutes ago, HuskerMac said:

Ill admit Im a Nebraska Homer. Im probably looking though that lense at  Red's stall calls.

As far as the champ or 2. Anyone can beat anyone on amy given day. Venz I feel could make the finals and no he didnt bring his A game yesturday.After wrestling Martin a few time could give him a run. So thats one. White has looked good against Cenzo and could/should have beat him at NCAAs last year. So that could be 2. Berger... maybe...probably not byt maybe

Why the could/should? Did something happen in that match where White was screwed?

Just now, HuskerMac said:

No. Couple a TDs he should have finished. It was really close lol. His own mistakes.

Yea so your original text should just say "could have" not "could/should have." i didnt recall anything too off other than that match being really close.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Yea so your original text should just say "could have" not "could/should have." i didnt recall anything too off other than that match being really close.

My original text "could have" said that.

Im happy with my choice lol

There are some very vocal PSU fans posting on here that strongly call out other programs for "ducking". Do those same people have anything to say about Rasheed not going??

Watch the last 5 seconds of Shak vs Wisconsin. Tweaked something. Not a duck if you’re injured. Similar to Warner/Miklus.

No one claimed Warner ducked when he missed next match because he was hurt.

Good try though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Watch the last 5 seconds of Shak vs Wisconsin. Tweaked something. Not a duck if you’re injured. Similar to Warner/Miklus.

No one claimed Warner ducked when he missed next match because he was hurt.

Good try though

Knee bends back a little funny, but he looked fine jogging off the mat.  Not buying it unless he misses next match too.

12 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Cael appreciates your concern

Of course Cael (or any other coach that ducks) doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, nor should they.  But let’s at least call a spade a spade here 

2 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Cael appreciates your concern

You guys are fans of a phenomenal coaching staff and wrestling program. What they have been doing this past decade already rivals Gable. With that said, they don't fricking walk on water, and by simply being a fan, neither do you guys. Calling out other teams for ducking having no inside info makes you a 100% hypocrite as soon as you give PSU guys a pass with the same amount of info. 

You guys are fans of a phenomenal coaching staff and wrestling program. What they have been doing this past decade already rivals Gable. With that said, they don't fricking walk on water, and by simply being a fan, neither do you guys. Calling out other teams for ducking having no inside info makes you a 100% hypocrite as soon as you give PSU guys a pass with the same amount of info. 

Stop obsessing over PSU. Focus on your team for once. Foley looking great and Coffey a fun guy to watch.