Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Who is college wrestling's top heel in 2019?

Who is college wrestling's top heel?   

96 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is college wrestling's top heel in 2019?

• Gable Steveson
    • Anthony Ashnault
    • Nick Suriano
    • Bo Nickal
    • Austin DeSanto
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/24/2019 at 10:41 PM

13 minutes ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

Not for nothing, but I couldn't even think of a sixth wrestler to add to the list.  It's a very well-behaved sport!  

Gotta be Steveson due to being #1 and also showboating.  Hard to be the top heel when you're not even #1 at your weight (e.g. Ashnault, Suriano, DeSanto)

If DeSanto were number 1 he would beat out Steveon though.

36 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

all Big Ten guys, hmmm....

Well... they're the guys that get the most coverage, naturally.  Most of the top guys outside of the Big 10 are generally well liked.  

Seth Gross hasn't even wrestled.  Eierman has been a bit of a lightning rod in the past but I don't think I'd quite call him a heel.  Yianni, Kolodzik, and Zahid are hard to hate.  

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

Rumor has it that Gilman is lobbying to get on the voting list even though he is no longer a college wrestler.  He says he enjoys the infamy, attention, and platform.  He might warrant a Dishonorable Mention. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Gotta be Steveson due to being #1 and also showboating.  Hard to be the top heel when you're not even #1 at your weight (e.g. Ashnault, Suriano, DeSanto)

If DeSanto were number 1 he would beat out Steveon though.

Edited by jchapman

DeSanto, by the end of his career (which could be any minute), will go down as the biggest punk of all time.  That Iowa accepted him as a student, let alone wrestler, is a travesty.

I can’t understand why Bo N. is on the list and Myles Martin is my favorite current wrestler.  Some childish comments after winning last year but nothing egregious.

3 minutes ago, Sstern said:

DeSanto, by the end of his career (which could be any minute), will go down as the biggest punk of all time.  That Iowa accepted him as a student, let alone wrestler, is a travesty.

I can’t understand why Bo N. is on the list and Myles Martin is my favorite current wrestler.  Some childish comments after winning last year but nothing egregious.

If Steveson keeps it up, it will be Steveson and not even close, imo. Stevenson has been worse on a match to match basis then Desanto, but people still have those 2 incidents from last year in their mind. And yes I saw the Lizak match. That wasn't worse then what Steveson did like a week or 2 ago.

I saw AS at the KSU duals.  He was a douche there, also.   He had to be restrained after the Rooney match by his coaches after he got off the mat.

There is an uncontrollable look he has.  If he hurts someone I hope Iowa gets sued.  They have plenty of notice.  Really, he shouldn’t be a college student.

Steveson is a superficial act.  Easy to see through his douchey-ness.  Can’t wait until the trials and Kyle or Gwiz kicks his tail, depending on where he wrestles.

tough guys never “act” tough.

22 minutes ago, Sstern said:

What all has he done?

I know there was cranking an arm against Micic.  He did the cutthroat gesture the other day.  I want to say he got physical in another match last year but can't remember it.  

Honestly I can see him described as a punk or many other insults very easily.  I am totally at a loss for what he has done that would result in a university not even letting him be a student.  Is there legal or academic trouble I'm unaware of?  Universities across the country are filled with kids who have done a lot worse then use a kimura at the wrong time.  

5 minutes ago, boconnell said:

What all has he done?

I know there was cranking an arm against Micic.  He did the cutthroat gesture the other day.  I want to say he got physical in another match last year but can't remember it.  

I actually enjoy watching Desanto quite a bit. I'm not one of the guys who tries to bring him down. But he tried to injure Cornell's Tucker at the EIWAs by cranking on the lower leg against the joint, similar to the kimura situation (he was clearly going to lose). I don't think anything else he has done is really that big a deal but the two times he was trying to injure his opponent were bush league, to put it as mildly as possible. 

18 minutes ago, Sstern said:

I saw AS at the KSU duals.  He was a douche there, also.   He had to be restrained after the Rooney match by his coaches after he got off the mat.

There is an uncontrollable look he has.  If he hurts someone I hope Iowa gets sued.  They have plenty of notice.  Really, he shouldn’t be a college student.

Steveson is a superficial act.  Easy to see through his douchey-ness.  Can’t wait until the trials and Kyle or Gwiz kicks his tail, depending on where he wrestles.

tough guys never “act” tough.

I don't think he was a high school student...think he was home schooled????

14 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I actually enjoy watching Desanto quite a bit. I'm not one of the guys who tries to bring him down. But he tried to injure Cornell's Tucker at the EIWAs by cranking on the lower leg against the joint, similar to the kimura situation (he was clearly going to lose). I don't think anything else he has done is really that big a deal but the two times he was trying to injure his opponent were bush league, to put it as mildly as possible. 

I agree and I thought there was another injury situation.  That makes it easy to describe him as a punk or douche or most other insults people want to use.  

I just thought it was absurd to declare he shouldn't be allowed into a college because he got too physical on a wrestling mat.  

I don't Desanto deserves this (yet) for 2019.  His antics LAST season, absolutely... and to me, he WAS the biggest heel for 2018.  Now... this is a new season... and with a new season, comes different approaches and behaviors.  Gotta go with Babyface Steveson.  

23 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I agree and I thought there was another injury situation.  That makes it easy to describe him as a punk or douche or most other insults people want to use.  

I just thought it was absurd to declare he shouldn't be allowed into a college because he got too physical on a wrestling mat.  

Criminal laws against assault still exist, even when you step on a wrestling mat.

(I’m not saying anyone in particular is guilty of assault.)

I don't Desanto deserves this (yet) for 2019.  His antics LAST season, absolutely... and to me, he WAS the biggest heel for 2018.  Now... this is a new season... and with a new season, comes different approaches and behaviors.  Gotta go with Babyface Steveson.  

So the 5 things he did at the end of the match Sunday are normal behavior in your mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk