Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Rizzo

Who is college wrestling's top heel in 2019?

Who is college wrestling's top heel?   

96 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who is college wrestling's top heel in 2019?

• Gable Steveson
    • Anthony Ashnault
    • Nick Suriano
    • Bo Nickal
    • Austin DeSanto
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/24/2019 at 10:41 PM

On January 16, 2019 at 7:44 PM, krippler said:

Askren just made me laugh. At National Duals He pinned Herrington from Penn and celebrated I think with an alligator clap towards Zeke Jones. He then quickly pinned someone from OK St and galloped around the ring with his pretend horse and lasso looking at John Smith the whole time. Funniest thing I have ever seen in wrestling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to see a clip of that!

29 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Steveson losing ground.

Hes extremely respectful when they go to their back like they are supposed to against him. Its when they stall that he has a problem.

Am I the only one conflicted by the title of the thread being different than the leading post? I mean, the Top Heel and My Favorite Heel are two very different subjects.  

So far, I'd say Desanto deserves the Top Heel for just being awful after a match, but Steveson is my Favorite for acting so confident about his idea that nobody wants to wrestle him. Desanto is on the level of Gilman - where I actually cheer against him because I don't think his antics are good for the sport, and I just want that whole idea to lose. With Steveson I don't cheer against him, but I'll probably be satisfied if/when he gets humbled. 

I just watched the Desanto - Suriano match. I thought that the way Brands interjected himself right after the final whistle was unusual but generally positive. He knows his athlete better than any of us do - knows that the athlete has issues with irrational affective responses after intense matches. I appreciate that Brands took the team point on himself in order to protect both wrestlers. I still don't like that there's an added risk at the end of a Desanto match. Hopefully nobody gets hurt.