Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Who Works Out with Steveson?

Steveson is a natural talent, but I think being at Minny actually limits him.  His only measuring stick is Tony Nelson (theoretically), and he's already there or beating him.  Given this, he needs greater adversity and more measuring sticks.  PSU would be logical.  tOSU probably even moreso.  

The match I want to see... a "bulked up 197+" Bo Nickal vs. Steveson.  

19 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Steveson is a natural talent, but I think being at Minny actually limits him.  His only measuring stick is Tony Nelson (theoretically), and he's already there or beating him.  Given this, he needs greater adversity and more measuring sticks.  PSU would be logical.  tOSU probably even moreso.  

In freestyle probably but not in folkstyle. I can see Tony Nelson dominating the mat wrestling.

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

... you have to say how on earth is he not at Penn State. 

Maybe he saw Cael's dismal record at coaching heavyweights; dnp,dnp,dnp,dnp,dnp,6th, dnq, 5th, 7th. 

Or maybe he just looked at the Gopher's AA (20) wall of modern day heavyweight finalists: 1,1,1,1,1, 2,2,2.

11 minutes ago, jammen said:

Maybe he saw Cael's dismal record at coaching heavyweights; dnp,dnp,dnp,dnp,dnp,6th, dnq, 5th, 7th. 

Or maybe he just looked at the Gopher's AA (20) wall of modern day heavyweight finalists: 1,1,1,1,1, 2,2,2.

At least "Carl" is pretty consistent.  

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

He goes to the OTC a lot too. 

Who did Gwiz have at N.C. State? Certainly nobody on Nelson’s level. 

5 hours ago, jammen said:

Heard he also prefers the stress free environment of coming out to wrestle with his team down by 10,15-20 points. If he doen't want to pin some guy,he doesn't have to.

From the OTC you have Tony Nelson, Hayden Zillmer, Brett Pfarr.  Michael Kroells comes in some too, not sure how often.  Eggum also said Coach Brandvold rolls with him all the time. Plus about 5 197 pounders on roster.

Edited by MNRodent

10 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

how on earth is he not at Penn State. 

He probably realized that you cant be the face of Minnesota wrestling by going to psu, and since Hall messed that up, he needed to step up and do it.

Edited by Molsen

He probably realized that you cant be the face of Minnesota wrestling by going to psu, and since Hall messed that up, he needed to step up and do it.

Jordan Burroughs is the face of NJ wrestling (sorry Nicky) and he didn't go to the University of New .. uh .... Rutgers. And Maryland probably claims Snyder as it's face. "Hall messed that up" is merely the cry of a distressed Gopher from the wilds of the North. Common mammal phenomena. Some nights you can hear howls about Lee in the woods of Pennsylvania. Probably a Lion. Maybe me. Boo hoo.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, jammen said:

Possibly something in the State College water Penn State Creamery ice cream.

Edited by gromit

17 hours ago, swoopdown said:

Jordan Burroughs is the face of NJ wrestling (sorry Nicky) and he didn't go to the University of New .. uh .... Rutgers. And Maryland probably claims Snyder as it's face. "Hall messed that up" is merely the cry of a distressed Gopher from the wilds of the North. Common mammal phenomena. Some nights you can hear howls about Lee in the woods of Pennsylvania. Probably a Lion. Maybe me. Boo hoo.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Burroughs and Snyder are the face of USA wrestling in general. I was just joking about when Hall said he wanted to be the face of Minnesota wrestling, because lets be honest, theres like 30 states that could claim him. Me being from Indiana, am just hoping N. Lee and Red have a crazy good battle like their last match. But hey Steveson was originally from Indiana, maybe if Hall is still be the face of Minnesota wrestling, Steveson can take over as the face of Indiana.