Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

The All-Transfer Team

3 hours ago, boconnell said:

What list does Andrew Long highlight for PSU?

Transfer list of a wrestler who helped the team as the Coach went out on a limb thinking he could help the kid who had personal problems. PSU provided a good environment and support from staff and team members. Long blew it, big time. With the best help available not everyone takes advantage of it.

On Coaches - Sammie Henson does seem to lead the pack.

15 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

No, we don't have too many transfers, and the new transfer process was a big step in the right direction.  

Make it easier to transfer. The quicker kids find a spot in a starting lineup for their ideal weight, the better.

8 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

Transfer list of a wrestler who helped the team as the Coach went out on a limb thinking he could help the kid who had personal problems. PSU provided a good environment and support from staff and team members. Long blew it, big time. With the best help available not everyone takes advantage of it.

Carl knew what he was getting into. He had a hole in the lineup and needed the points. Cael helped himself in that relationship.

9 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

So Long is an example of a coach believing in a guy but Downey to Iowa should be made fun of.  Got it.  

Some of you guys are incapable of seeing anything through glasses other then your university of choice.  I swear regional college bias runs so deep that most die hard college fans would rather root for ISIS over their college rival.  It's absurd.  

Edited by boconnell

Good topic!  

I would not have picked Minny as the top hired gun roster.  I would have thought Iowa or Wisconson.  PSU has had their share and they wanted McKenna bad.  PSU has the least need right now so no surprise they didn’t make the list.  But as they come back to the pack next season and beyond, I imagine they will be back in the hunt.  I had very mixed feelings about the open transfer rule when it was announced but the more I think about it from the kids’ and parents’ perspectives, I support it.  If my son had made a commitment as an 18 yo and was not progressing the way he wanted then I would sure want him to get a shot somewhere else.  Aside from Suriano/PSU, I do not believe any team has really been burned by this.  There were some big name transfers from ISU as Dresser was coming aboard but I think a few of those were mutual.  So the next step is to make the All Time transfer team.  I know it includes Kolat and Mocco...

1 minute ago, BBB4PSU said:

Good topic!  

I would not have picked Minny as the top hired gun roster.  I would have thought Iowa or Wisconson.  PSU has had their share and they wanted McKenna bad.  PSU has the least need right now so no surprise they didn’t make the list.  But as they come back to the pack next season and beyond, I imagine they will be back in the hunt.  I had very mixed feelings about the open transfer rule when it was announced but the more I think about it from the kids’ and parents’ perspectives, I support it.  If my son had made a commitment as an 18 yo and was not progressing the way he wanted then I would sure want him to get a shot somewhere else.  Aside from Suriano/PSU, I do not believe any team has really been burned by this.  There were some big name transfers from ISU as Dresser was coming aboard but I think a few of those were mutual.  So the next step is to make the All Time transfer team.  I know it includes Kolat and Mocco...

already happening...

I don't know why all the good wrestlers who got pushed out of their lineup by more talented guys (Tristan Moran pushed out by Kaid, Gary Harding pushed out by Picc/Kaid, etc) don't transfer to OU. We stink and those guys would be most welcome.