Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Gomez loses

Insane match vs Rider’s Cefalo

Gomez goes for a throw, Cecelia counters and puts Gomez on his back. 

Gomez takes a couple good shots. Gets Cefalos leg in the air for a minute but can’t finish

Gomez shoots and gets pancaked with maybe 20 seconds left. Cefalo gets the pin with 3 seconds left in the first. 

Side note - this ref is terrible. 4 bizarre calls already and we are halfway through match 3. 

5 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

by the transitive property, which we know is always so accurate in wrestling comparisons, DeSanto is in trouble tonight vs Suriano.

Suriano maj Cefalo, Cefalo pinned Gomez, Gomez dec DeSanto

If you want to solve the "Wrestling Math Conjecture" you will first need to learn how to solve Fermat's Last Theorem.   

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

Gomez is so darn fun to watch, but must be incredibly frustrating to coach.  Love it, keep it up Austin - wrestling needs more guys like you, win or lose.

Seriously

I'm sure this will happen less and less as he matures, but right now it is almost guaranteed that he gives up a bunch of points in the first period against good competition. 

14 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Not if he keeps that elbow up. 

Or he will master the counter throw

It seems like Kamal Bey does this vs bad competition and then counters for 4. I also don't know much about Greco technique so could be way off.

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Here is my contribution to solving this conjecture - Solution To Fermat's Last Theorem

Many moons ago I used to be an adjunct professor in a community where I taught both basic electronics and technical math. In the math class after a couple of weeks I would show a documentary on this very gentleman and his journey to his solution. In the electronics class I would show a documentary on Nikola Tesla.  

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/proof/

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v120218

24 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Or he will master the counter throw

It seems like Kamal Bey does this vs bad competition and then counters for 4. I also don't know much about Greco technique so could be way off.

You know I was never able to throw anybody while bridging. Is this some new thing. a throw from your back? 

2 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

That's something only Bo Nickal can do.  

Dylan Ness did too. More than once. In fact he set it up form the feet or by turning in form the bottom. I do not believe either was actually "Bridging" but were using momentum to complete the move. 

Still I did get the humorous point of the response. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Seriously

I'm sure this will happen less and less as he matures, but right now it is almost guaranteed that he gives up a bunch of points in the first period against good competition. 

It's crazy isn't it?  I'm not going to say he does it on purpose but i don't understand how he can consistently put himself in such a big hole early in so many of his matches. 

49 minutes ago, Gantry said:

It's crazy isn't it?  I'm not going to say he does it on purpose but i don't understand how he can consistently put himself in such a big hole early in so many of his matches. 

Especially considering he does it to guys he is way better than half the time, proven by his ability to come back from huge deficits. 

He also comes back differently based o nuisance opponent. He will shoot singles and doubles against lower tier guys when he is down by 8. Against RBY? He knew that wouldn’t work, so he went for the clinch. 

Guy is an anomaly. He could place as high as 3rd or go 0-2.