Jump to content
LHU125

Rutgers vs Iowa

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You dont have to follow my directions. You can complain all you want. And I can tell you not to complain all I want. That's what message boards are for.

Thank you for complaining about my complaining.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Uhh.. they do have the technology necessary. You were the one too lazy to use it.

Thank you for reminding me again, of another option than watching on my TV.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing of the double stall in DeSanto/Suriano seemed odd IMO.  There was definitely some double stalling going on in the first 2 minutes, but when it was called they had both recently made real shot attempts.  That said, definitely shows that it could’ve been called in the Fix/Suriano match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I just saw the Desanto match.  His dismissive behavior towards Brands is a bit unsettling.

Thanks for posting that match. That was a classic carver toppling of a giant opponent. But too much ref in that one. I get what they are trying to do to push action, but it isn’t wrestling to give points away like that, and they were struggling against one another, which is wrestling  

Third period was all DeSanto. No reason to think he couldn’t have gotten two takedowns if he needed too. And I was impressed that brands pulled him over to get his head right after the buzzer. 

Edited by scribe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

So basically you expected Iowa to delay the match, since its supposed to be you know.. "live."

 

Delay the start if possible, they have done it at Ohio State a few years ago and make some announcements to those in attendance. I go to a lot of football games, a couple of bball games every year and have gotten use to 10-20 minutes of tv timeouts every game. I can remember them holding up matches in the arena for commercials (early BTN) during the broadcast while there live.

They could also tape delay and catch up throughout the broadcast. Worse case scenario that way you are caught up by intermission provided the bball game doesn't go to ot. If delaying the broadcast then run an update on the bottom of the screen at the end of the basketball game and during the dual.

With all that said they will cut out parts of the second or third game for overage time in college basketball back to backs as well on btn, espn, and fox as well.

I don't even know the time of the fall but you could also show Lee's match during intermission.

Figure this stuff out in preproduction meetings and keep the facility and host aware of your plans so they can communicate with the teams, fans in attendance and viewers at home.

I do think they show complete duals when they reair and there is commentary so I am assuming the broadcsasters are still providing commentary even if it is not being broadcast at the time

I did notice BTN had a riding time graphic under the match scores which I appreciate. 

Seemed like there were a lot of empty seats in CHA. Liked Tim and Jim on the broadcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSchlosser said:

 

Delay the start if possible, they have done it at Ohio State a few years ago and make some announcements to those in attendance. I go to a lot of football games, a couple of bball games every year and have gotten use to 10-20 minutes of tv timeouts every game. I can remember them holding up matches in the arena for commercials (early BTN) during the broadcast while there live.

They could also tape delay and catch up throughout the broadcast. Worse case scenario that way you are caught up by intermission provided the bball game doesn't go to ot. If delaying the broadcast then run an update on the bottom of the screen at the end of the basketball game and during the dual.

With all that said they will cut out parts of the second or third game for overage time in college basketball back to backs as well on btn, espn, and fox as well.

I don't even know the time of the fall but you could also show Lee's match during intermission.

Figure this stuff out in preproduction meetings and keep the facility and host aware of your plans so they can communicate with the teams, fans in attendance and viewers at home.

I do think they show complete duals when they reair and there is commentary so I am assuming the broadcsasters are still providing commentary even if it is not being broadcast at the time

I did notice BTN had a riding time graphic under the match scores which I appreciate. 

Seemed like there were a lot of empty seats in CHA. Liked Tim and Jim on the broadcast.

Or just watch it live from the BTN2GO app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, I’m no hawk fan, but those saying Desanto should never have brought on to Iowa need to get a life. Sure the kid over reacts, and outside of the cr@p he pulled on Micic last year, all I see is intensity that some people might find distasteful. He got caught up in the moment, he’s still got some growing up to do but that’s what coaches are for. Coaching not only allows to grow a kid into a better wrestler but also teach him how to be a man. The way Brands was all over him after beating Suriano and his interview after, it’s obvious they are aware and teaching him. The Micic thing should have got him DQ out of the tournament, and for awhile I condemned him for it, but give the kid a break and let him wrestle, I love his style and mind set he just needs to keep cool, and I hope he isn’t listening to any of the sour chops on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scribe said:

Thanks for posting that match. That was a classic carver toppling of a giant opponent. But too much ref in that one. I get what they are trying to do to push action, but it isn’t wrestling to give points away like that, and they were struggling against one another, which is wrestling  

Third period was all DeSanto. No reason to think he couldn’t have gotten two takedowns if he needed too. And I was impressed that brands pulled him over to get his head right after the buzzer. 

Too much ref?  You mean the double stall call?  The two were obsessing on tangling fingers and that's what the ref showed and then did the double stall.

The two other calls on Suriano were completely legit. He was on the leg to the 5 count, and the failure to return to the mat was blatant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The timing of the double stall in DeSanto/Suriano seemed odd IMO.  There was definitely some double stalling going on in the first 2 minutes, but when it was called they had both recently made real shot attempts.  That said, definitely shows that it could’ve been called in the Fix/Suriano match.

It was the incessant interlocking of fingers that triggered it.  

Edited by HoundedHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KSchlosser said:

 

Delay the start if possible, they have done it at Ohio State a few years ago and make some announcements to those in attendance. I go to a lot of football games, a couple of bball games every year and have gotten use to 10-20 minutes of tv timeouts every game. I can remember them holding up matches in the arena for commercials (early BTN) during the broadcast while there live.

They could also tape delay and catch up throughout the broadcast. Worse case scenario that way you are caught up by intermission provided the bball game doesn't go to ot. If delaying the broadcast then run an update on the bottom of the screen at the end of the basketball game and during the dual.

With all that said they will cut out parts of the second or third game for overage time in college basketball back to backs as well on btn, espn, and fox as well.

I don't even know the time of the fall but you could also show Lee's match during intermission.

Figure this stuff out in preproduction meetings and keep the facility and host aware of your plans so they can communicate with the teams, fans in attendance and viewers at home.

I do think they show complete duals when they reair and there is commentary so I am assuming the broadcsasters are still providing commentary even if it is not being broadcast at the time

I did notice BTN had a riding time graphic under the match scores which I appreciate. 

Seemed like there were a lot of empty seats in CHA. Liked Tim and Jim on the broadcast.

^  tada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GDav5 said:

Seriously, I’m no hawk fan, but those saying Desanto should never have brought on to Iowa need to get a life. Sure the kid over reacts, and outside of the cr@p he pulled on Micic last year, all I see is intensity that some people might find distasteful. He got caught up in the moment, he’s still got some growing up to do but that’s what coaches are for. Coaching not only allows to grow a kid into a better wrestler but also teach him how to be a man. The way Brands was all over him after beating Suriano and his interview after, it’s obvious they are aware and teaching him. The Micic thing should have got him DQ out of the tournament, and for awhile I condemned him for it, but give the kid a break and let him wrestle, I love his style and mind set he just needs to keep cool, and I hope he isn’t listening to any of the sour chops on here. 

Desanto is a punk, just like Gilman.  If they didn't help Iowa win, they'd not be on the team.  

Edited by stp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stp said:

Desanto is a punk, just like Gilman.  If they didn't help Iowa win, they'd not be on the team.  

Take it one step further, “ Gilmans a punk, if he didn’t help team USA win a world title, he wouldn’t be on the team.” How profound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

The timing of the double stall in DeSanto/Suriano seemed odd IMO.  There was definitely some double stalling going on in the first 2 minutes, but when it was called they had both recently made real shot attempts.  That said, definitely shows that it could’ve been called in the Fix/Suriano match.

It was odd timing because it wasn't a normal stall call. They were called for interlocking fingers for a second time; a technical violation in which the consequence for being called a second time is being hit for stalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×