LHU125

Rutgers vs Iowa

Shane Sparks says that Iowa has a "team snake" now that Brooks gave one to Murin.  Did he say python?  I walked into the room and just barely caught the reference.  A new mascot name in the works?  

Edited by dmm53

Wow.  Big win for Desanto.  

Suriano with own TD but then didn’t wrestle smart.  Desanto clearly had more in the tank.

Hard not to notice how Tom Brands had to physically go out and grab Desanto and remove him from the circle to talk with him before going out to get hand raised.  Announcer said he was telling Desanto to keep cool.  Tom is really paying attention to this kid’s mental aspects.

DeSanto is an absolute maniac.  From a personality standpoint I have no idea how anyone can like the kid.  He does this **** over and over but from a wrestling standpoint the kid has jumped levels this year and is exciting.  He's a legit NC contender.  I doubt there is a single guy in the Iowa room that works harder than that kid.

1 minute ago, Hwkfan4life said:

Kids got autism quit bashing him for getting overly excited after a big win my god

My kid has asperbergers.  Its still no excuse for potential violence. This is wrestling, not a street fight. 

The rare consecutive team point deductions by DeSanto. Great win though. That’s why I love matches like this in Carver.

I’m not a Rutgers fan but I’ve enjoyed listening to Suriano’s interviews. He hasn’t had to face much adversity in his HS and College careers in terms of losing (obviously he had a tough break (pun)with the ankle and transfer). I look forward to the storyline of him coming back from these tough losses. I think he has the toughness to get redemption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk