LHU125

Rutgers vs Iowa

DeSanto can use a version of the "Twinkie Defense" for his antics:

"Twinkie defense" is a derisive label for an improbable legal defense. It is not a recognized legal defense in jurisprudence, but a catchall term coined by reporters during their coverage of the trial of defendant Dan White for the murders of San Francisco city Supervisor Harvey Milk and Mayor George Moscone. White's defense was that he suffered diminished capacity as a result of his depression. His change in diet from healthful food to Twinkies and other sugary foods was said to be a symptom of depression. 

Just now, LemonPie said:

Can't be argued.  But Im seriously concerned for him. 

Because he screamed at Suriano?  He's obviously got a lot of emotion, and I challenge anyone to maintain their composure in that environment, Carver going nuts, and you've never been there for it.  Maybe you find it unseemly, but this isn't anything like the Micic and Tucker situations from last year.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Because he screamed at Suriano?  He's obviously got a lot of emotion, and I challenge anyone to maintain their composure in that environment, Carver going nuts, and you've never been there for it.  Maybe you find it unseemly, but this isn't anything like the Micic and Tucker situations from last year.

Plenty of Hawkeyes maintain their composure.

If you're looking at his behavior tonight in a vacuum then no, nobody should be worried.  This is the not the first time DeSanto has acted out.  A matter of fact, I believe it's the second dual meet in a row.  He also tried to break Micic's arm last March.  Stop trying to pretend like his actions should be viewed in a vacuum.  Brands had to run out tonight and drag him off the mat.  That should tell you everything you need to know.  Take off your Black and Gold glasses.

5 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not unusual for athletes to go nose-to-nose.  The weird part is that his outbursts are seemingly unprovoked.  

And then  inaudibly screaming at his coach while he tries to calm him down..... he's a loon!  

Edited by LemonPie

He also went back to the middle and hugged Suriano afterwards.  I'm not asking you to anybody else to dig it.  Suriano can shut him up.  I'm pretty sure Fix will.

What's your thoughts on Brands having to run out there and pull him off the mat?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

He also went back to the middle and hugged Suriano afterwards.  I'm not asking you to anybody else to dig it.  Suriano can shut him up.  I'm pretty sure Fix will.

Well Brands said something about how he's the team dog or something, so he probably did that on command.