LHU125

Rutgers vs Iowa

I understand the interest in Desanto's actions, or demeanor, or style, or whatever you want to call it, but I don't get the obsession with policing his or anyone's behavior. The sport has policies and rules for this sort of thing. So relax, and maybe comment on the wrestling once in a while.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingzen said:

I understand the interest in Desanto's actions, or demeanor, or style, or whatever you want to call it, but I don't get the obsession with policing his or anyone's behavior. The sport has policies and rules for this sort of thing. So relax, and maybe comment on the wrestling once in a while.

I don't have any interest in policing his actions.  If he wants to act like an idiot and get point deductions after every match I'm OK with that.  I'm still going to call him a lunatic on the internet, though.  He's earned that.

28 minutes ago, nom said:

Just replayed.  Desanto was clearly screaming in Suriano’s face at end.  No wonder Brands (Tom or Terry) ran out there.  

Kid is an issue waiting to happen ... again.

reminded me of Brands yelling YOU SUCK to ref at midlands

Get back from practice to watch the dual - and of course pumpkin pushing delays the broadcast.

One things is for sure, Iowa wrestling ='s Little Nicky's kryptonite.

0-3 (Gilman, Lee, Desanto). 

My sense is that the ref is making some good, decisive calls in this match. We see this with the stalling, and I think we may have seen it with the team point deduction. Both are subjective to an extent, but it seems to me that the ref calling it like he sees it (and within reason). The action overall has been solid so far either way.

Desanto is fun to watch but his immediate post-match behavior has been over the top these last two matches. Long way from the Brent Metcalf mantra of not showing emotion so the other guy doesn't think it was a big deal to beat him.

I'm rooting for the kid but there's room for passion and even a little bit of showmanship while still demonstrating good sportsmanship.

4 minutes ago, tbert said:

reminded me of Brands yelling YOU SUCK to ref at midlands

The other similarly is that the team point deduction penalty is absolutely meaningless/laughable 

Edited by gromit

6 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

So you're saying a team point deduction was warranted?

Of course.  Suriano's feelings may have been hurt by that all that yelling.  He deserves a safe environment in which to compete.  I'm writing Gary Barta a harshly worded letter suggesting that CHA needs to be more welcoming.  This is 2019 you know. 

Just now, VakAttack said:

For you pearl clutchers, here is Desanto's quote after the match:

“I have fight in me, but I don’t need to scream in his face. I don’t need to do that. It’s not cool. He did nothing to me. I’m just emotional about it and I’ve got to keep it in check.”

Thanks.  Unprovoked confirmed.