Jimmy Cinnabon

Suriano screwed up

Suriano lost in the finals last year after beating the defending champion while having a significant injury. He lost to a guy that made Final X on a technicality a week ago. His wrestling ability is fine. He’s certainly still improved since being at Rutgers as he has developed more high level offense off of his hand fights, as we’ve seen him go high double quite a bit this year. 

Family, environment, and morale matters. He seems to be happy at Rutgers. Who knows what happens at PSU, but you don’t just need to be in that to improve and we’ve still seen the kid improve. 

I wonder if NS is getting burnt out. He has been training at the highest levels essentially his entire career. Everything I have heard is that Suriano is one of the hardest workers in the country. I doubt putting in more road work will help. He’s likely doing it already. He was either sick last night, got Carvered, or is losing his intensity. 

10 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

Who the hell wants to be in that hick town?  

Suriano is sick and lost by the hometown ref giving desanto 2 late stalling points forcing suriano to then cut desanto.   Desanto earned 3 of his 6 points which nick earned all 4.   

So.... 

Anyways looking forward to a healthy nick settling business with Micic

My favorite part of this post is where you basically admit you don't know the rules of wrestling.

Edited by wrestlingphish

52 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

I wonder if NS is getting burnt out. He has been training at the highest levels essentially his entire career. Everything I have heard is that Suriano is one of the hardest workers in the country. I doubt putting in more road work will help. He’s likely doing it already. He was either sick last night, got Carvered, or is losing his intensity. 

He must be the hardest worker ever because flo says so.

37 minutes ago, headshuck said:

The silver lining for Suriano and Rutgers is all the attention they've gained over the past couple of years.  Why do we love lightweight drama so much?

They have not parlayed that into very much as they don't have anyone on their roster in the same Universe as Suriano and Ashnault. Aragona is coming in, but he is one guy. 

12 minutes ago, Hotkarl712 said:

This would be funny if Snooki was actually from New Jersey

Well, she at least went to a Jersey Community College before answer that fateful Advert calling out for "All "Guidos and Guidettes". Here is her very touching story of how it all played out. 

6 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Well, she at least went to a Jersey Community College before answer that fateful Advert calling out for "All "Guidos and Guidettes". Here is her very touching story of how it all played out. 

The last thing I need is a refresher on how the Jersey Shore folks gave us a stereotype that will never go away

27 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

They have not parlayed that into very much as they don't have anyone on their roster in the same Universe as Suriano and Ashnault. Aragona is coming in, but he is one guy. 

Their 2018 recruiting class was ranked #12 by intermat and looks like 2019’s ranking should be similar. Goodale said Aragona is actually the first time they’ve signed a guy who was #1 at his weight.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2018/11/14/wrestling-signs-loaded-2019-recruiting-class.aspx

Didn’t realize he actually lives in PA despite going to a NJ school.  A technicality but I guess that breaks up the NJ monopoly at RU

Anyone remember how many times J. Jaggers lost in the regular season but turned it up when it counted?  Not that Suriano is Jaggers, but pronouncing a contender's season over in January is foolish.  Two close losses (by hands to the face and stalling/last second takedown) to two top-5 opponents in January is not grounds to pronounce anyone's title chances over.

1 minute ago, Coach_J said:

Anyone remember how many times J. Jaggers lost in the regular season but turned it up when it counted?  Not that Suriano is Jaggers, but pronouncing a contender's season over in January is foolish.  Two close losses (by hands to the face and stalling/last second takedown) to two top-5 opponents in January is not grounds to pronounce anyone's title chances over.

Up until last night most did not consider Desanto a top 5 guy.

30 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

“We don’t pump our gas we pump our fists”.  Jersey people know it’s true. 

Edited by MadMardigain

I agree with the premise of this post. It just seems that Suriano has not really gotten much better since his Freshman year. I think he would be a different wrestler if he had stayed with the PSU coaching staff and learned from their room.