treep2000

133 - Meatgrinder of Parity

Crazy weight. Pletcher might be right in the mix too. His only loss was a close one to Phillipi 

Based on what I’ve seen the last few weeks, I could see Fix and Suriano really struggling to score on Pletcher.

Micic is the favorite right now. I think he’ll do well against suriano and Pletcher. I’m interested to see how he matches up against fix and Phillipi. A healthy Wilson has the length and style to beat anyone. 133 will be great at nationals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, iGranby said:

As of right now- Micic. 

At this point you can make a serious argument for Him, RBY, Pletcher, Phillipi, Wilson, Fix, Suriano, and DeSanto. 

Whats crazy is- no way all of them AA. 

Yeah they might be the top 8 seeds. It is super unlikely the top 8 seeds place top 8. 

This weight is nuts. There are other guys who could break though to this group. 

Even crazier considering the consensus #1 returning champ is out and the weight is still this stacked

7 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Yeah they might be the top 8 seeds. It is super unlikely the top 8 seeds place top 8. 

This weight is nuts. There are other guys who could break though to this group. 

Even crazier considering the consensus #1 returning champ is out and the weight is still this stacked

Right. And an additional 2x AA is out for the season. 

Then think...

Austin Gomez, Ethan Lizak(HES AN NCAA FINALIST!), Erneste, Terao, Bridges, Louie Hayes. Not all on the same tier as those mentioned before, but still. For the likes of these guys to kind of be on the outside looking in? Wow. 

Most every year with 2-4 weights. Someone ranked at or near the top will get nailed early. One or two more have problems and don't meet their seeds. A surprise wrestles out of his head/up to potential and you end up with a final that is more than expected.

5 minutes ago, Egg said:

Micic-DeSanto final unless Wilson gets hot again.

I predict you guys are going overboard on DeSanto. He's wrestled three top 16 guys this year. Gomes, yeah he lost to him. Lizak who has lost 4x this year after losing 7x last year  and who himself has a lone top 16 win in Erneste, and Suriano, who wrestled a dumb match and probably got Carver'd to boot. Seems like a guy who will get beat in a different venue with more on the line. 

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Micic hasn't beaten anyone good this year. In fact only 3 of his 7 wins are over wrestlers with winning records. Predicting this weight is a spaghetti mess.

Nobody in the current field beat him at nationals last year, though. 

3 minutes ago, Egg said:

Nobody in the current field beat him at nationals last year, though. 

Yea but I dont buy into the whole, since you haven't lost yet I predict you to win it all. Furthermore my main point it that 133 is all over the pleace and a difficult weight to predict.

57 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Yea but I dont buy into the whole, since you haven't lost yet I predict you to win it all. Furthermore my main point it that 133 is all over the pleace and a difficult weight to predict.

Which is exactly why I started this thread.