Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

I'm ticked off now

For the last two years I've been subscribing to Sling TV to watch football games on ESPN in the fall and last year I continued to subscribe to Sling TV thru March to watch the PAC 12 wrestling available via the SIX Pac 12 channels available on Sling TV - even paid another $5 more per month this year. 

There is a dual match tonight at 7 p.m. (Mt. Time) between Arizona State AT Oregon State that I had planned to watch tonight.  So today I dutifully checked all six of the PAC 12 channels available to me via Sling TV for 7 p.m. tonight and NONE of them is televising the ASU at OSU wrestling match tonight - even tho both Oregon State and Arizona State insist that it IS on the PAC 12 channel tonight.

Take a guess who is cancelling their Sling TV service.

Edited by Bronco
correction

Not sure if your current setup but if you have the regular ESPN app I’ve found some of the wrestling meets there by searching the conference links they have an association with.   Im not at home to check if the meet is there or it but its worth a shot if you have it. 

Edited by MadMardigain

No I do not have the ESPN app.

Adding fuel to my fire on this is the fact that last year with my subscription to Sling TV (for $25/month) I also got the NFL Network as part of the subscription.  And I foolishly assumed that it was included with my subscription this year (for $30/month) as I wanted to watch today's East West Shrine football game because Boise State's Brett Rypien will likely be the starting QB in that game.   But.........................NO.................................the NFL Network is NOT included in the subscription this year.    From one year to the next with Sling TV it is apparently PAY MORE and GET LESS.

18 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

That's because the meet is tomorrow night.

Yep - must have had a severe brain cramp yesterday.  I looked at both the ASU schedule and the Oregon State schedule yesterday but just had it in my mind that the dual was yesterday when the schedules for both schools clearly listed as taking place on the 20th (today).

I also looked ahead on the Sling TV channels for the PAC 12 Network and the Arizona State AT Oregon State dual tonight will be on both the Arizona PAC 12 channel as well as the Oregon PAC 12 channel.

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Yep - must have had a severe brain cramp yesterday.  I looked at both the ASU schedule and the Oregon State schedule yesterday but just had it in my mind that the dual was yesterday when the schedules for both schools clearly listed as taking place on the 20th (today).

I also looked ahead on the Sling TV channels for the PAC 12 Network and the Arizona State AT Oregon State dual tonight will be on both the Arizona PAC 12 channel as well as the Oregon PAC 12 channel.

For those wondering, it's also on the National Pac-12 Network channel. I know Rich Burk (confession: my favorite television lead announcer for wrestling) will be on the call.