Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

I Really Enjoyed the Suriano vs Fix in the NCAA Finals Era

Recommended Posts

Last night I wanted to post some trash about Suriano, but I had double vision after too many shots celebrating the DeSanto win so I figured it might be a good idea to wait til morning. This morning I start coming out of my alcoholic stupor to find out that Philipe knocked off Fix? What the heck is going on in 133????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

Unless they end up on the same side of the bracket, that could be the finals. 

Give the 1 seed to the big 10 champ, 2 to Fix and 3 to Philipi.   4 wilson and 5-8 could be the other big 10 guys.   

 

why?  what if b10 champ has 4 losses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ionel said:

why?  what if b10 champ has 4 losses?

Who can win the big 10 besides suriano and micic?  Can't see desanto beating micic.  I can see pletcher or lizak getting to the finals with one upset but not winning it.   

Suriano has 2 close loses, if he loses to micic in the dual but beats him in the big 10s then he would not get the 1 seed, i agree.   If he beats him in the dual and wins the big 10 i think he gets it.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

Who can win the big 10 besides suriano and micic?  Can't see desanto beating micic.  I can see pletcher or lizak getting to the finals with one upset but not winning it.   

Suriano has 2 close loses, if he loses to micic in the dual but beats him in the big 10s then he would not get the 1 seed, i agree.   If he beats him in the dual and wins the big 10 i think he gets it.   

 

 

Answer to first question on the "can" I'd say Suriano, DeSanto, Micic, Lizak, Pletcher or Bravo-Young.  Lizak was in NCAA finals couple years ago, shows its not always about how you looked mid season but how you preform post season.

But to main question, the NCAA has established seeding criteria and the b10 doesn't control the process.  If one of the top guys is still undefeated (course that'd be only Micic, correct?) going into NCAA tournament then he will likely get the 1 seed.  If all have at least 1 loss and Fix is still with only 1 loss then Fix will likely be the 1 seed as that would mean he beat Suriano, DeSanto, Lizak and Gomes 2 or 3 times.  If all others have 2 losses but Phillippi with only 1, then he could get the 1 seed.   There's still a lot of wrestling to go so really no reason to worry at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Pletcher Beats Micic Friday night, 133 becomes one of the crazier weights I’ve seen in a long long time.

Based on credentials, not necessarily talent, Micic is the clear #1 right now.

If Pletcher Beats Micic, 133 we will then have one of the best, and longest transitive property list we’ve ever seen at a weight.

Man I wish Gross was healthy too.

I remember 165 being crazy a few years back but I don’t remember a weight being this deep since I can remember, and that’s even without Gross.

Edited by Aviator12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ionel said:

Answer to first question on the "can" I'd say Suriano, DeSanto, Micic, Lizak, Pletcher or Bravo-Young.  Lizak was in NCAA finals couple years ago, shows its not always about how you looked mid season but how you preform post season.

But to main question, the NCAA has established seeding criteria and the b10 doesn't control the process.  If one of the top guys is still undefeated (course that'd be only Micic, correct?) going into NCAA tournament then he will likely get the 1 seed.  If all have at least 1 loss and Fix is still with only 1 loss then Fix will likely be the 1 seed as that would mean he beat Suriano, DeSanto, Lizak and Gomes 2 or 3 times.  If all others have 2 losses but Phillippi with only 1, then he could get the 1 seed.   There's still a lot of wrestling to go so really no reason to worry at this stage.

That would be crazy if he got it - he has beaten a lot of good guys, just lost badly to Suriano.  Other guys usually losing by very little when they lose.  

Micic has avoided the best guys so far, but soon we'll see if he's as good as last year with pletcher and suriano before the big 10s.  

RBY hasn't wrestled any of these guys yet either right?  And then Gomez has the suriano win and the loss to Fix.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

That would be crazy if he got it - he has beaten a lot of good guys, just lost badly to Suriano.  Other guys usually losing by very little when they lose.  

Micic has avoided the best guys so far, but soon we'll see if he's as good as last year with pletcher and suriano before the big 10s.  

RBY hasn't wrestled any of these guys yet either right?  And then Gomez has the suriano win and the loss to Fix.  

 

 

When did Gomez beat Suriano?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sstark46 said:

DeSanto majored Micic the first time they met last year

my take from that match is Desanto's high pace took Micic completely by surprise and he gassed, big time 

I think the match we saw between them at NCAAs last year is more indicative of how it will play out in the future....hopefully minus the flying kimura or whatever bs that was at the end.

Edited by gromit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...