BigTenFanboy

Eliminate neutral.. mat wrestling only.

Rules

All collegiate folkstyle mat wrestling rules apply with the exception of an escape now being a 2 point reversal.

2 3 minute periods.

Coin flip to determine who gets choice in first period.

If tied at the end at the end of regulation, the wrestler with more riding time wins the match. 

13 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Rules

All collegiate folkstyle mat wrestling rules apply with the exception of an escape now being a 2 point reversal.

2 3 minute periods.

Coin flip to determine who gets choice in first period.

If tied at the end at the end of regulation, the wrestler with more riding time wins the match. 

I propose 10 bricks per team , one for every weight class during a dual, this is so exciting.  If they run out of bricks then the ref can also second guess himself under the direction of the home town coach.

Edited by tbert

10 minutes ago, tbert said:

I propose 10 bricks per team , one for every weight class during a dual, this is so exciting.  If they run out of bricks then the ref can also second guess himself under the direction of the home town coach.

The only thing new you suggest here is the 10 bricks per team. The second half is already in existence.

13 hours ago, jchapman said:

Tony Nelson would have been an undefeated 4X NC.  He would also have a best selling video series on The Parellel Ride.

Some people pretend that Nelson was just as interesting to watch as Nolf is. I’ll never understand why. 

13 hours ago, jchapman said:

Tony Nelson would have been an undefeated 4X NC.  He would also have a best selling video series on The Parellel Ride.

As would Zain.  In the three years available on Track Wrestling Tony  went 87-8 finishing 1,1,2 wrestling against the likes of Gelogaev, Gwiz, McMullan, Rey, Bradley, Telford, Coon, etc.  He had 23 pins and 9 majors for a bonus rate of 34%.  Don't let the facts get in the way of your obvious dislike for Nelson.

17 minutes ago, jammen said:

As would Zain.  In the three years available on Track Wrestling Tony  went 87-8 finishing 1,1,2 wrestling against the likes of Gelogaev, Gwiz, McMullan, Rey, Bradley, Telford, Coon, etc.  He had 23 pins and 9 majors for a bonus rate of 34%.  Don't let the facts get in the way of your obvious dislike for Nelson.

And an uncanny knack to spiral ride a guy out of bounds!

49 minutes ago, Katie said:

Some people pretend that Nelson was just as interesting to watch as Nolf is. I’ll never understand why. 

Nelson was about as exciting to watch as paint drying. The only people rooting for him were Minnesota people, nobody else could stand watching him.  He WAS great on top.

Remember when Gelogaev went nuts in the NCAA semifinals, in a WON match vs Nelson with only a couple seconds left, and inexplicably tried the "Flying Squirrel"? Nelson swatted him out of the air like a fly and made it to the finals :D

Edited by TobusRex

14 hours ago, jchapman said:

We called it the "Spiral Ride" when I was wrestling. A teammate of mine who was pretty salty (he placed at state as a Sr) used it back in the late-70's, early 80's. That was a brutal looking ride, and I should've gotten him to teach it to me, but I was locked into the "Tulsa Ride" style.  My teammate (a class ahead of me) would just keep grinding on that ride, and nearly every single match he was rewarded with NF points or a fall when he finally got them cranked over.

Brutal ride.

.... seriously though, GPS device in the headgear. The center of the mat is ground zero. Any movement backwards sounds an alarm- instant one point penalty, which are unlimited... this will separate the men from the boys, and the ref can watch from a chair.....

4 minutes ago, cornercoach said:

.... seriously though, GPS device in the headgear. The center of the mat is ground zero. Any movement backwards sounds an alarm- instant one point penalty, which are unlimited... this will separate the men from the boys, and the ref can watch from a chair.....

Your idea would work better if you replace that audible alarm in the head gear with an electric shock helmet from PENCO. . 

image.jpeg.c2068110344d8015a2c68cfb6626a302.jpeg

Edited by TBar1977

35 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

We called it the "Spiral Ride" when I was wrestling. A teammate of mine who was pretty salty (he placed at state as a Sr) used it back in the late-70's, early 80's. That was a brutal looking ride, and I should've gotten him to teach it to me, but I was locked into the "Tulsa Ride" style.  My teammate (a class ahead of me) would just keep grinding on that ride, and nearly every single match he was rewarded with NF points or a fall when he finally got them cranked over.

Brutal ride.

Yeah, I wrestled in the 80s and that spiral ride was brutal, it was used to turn and pin. 

How about we put wrestlers into inflatable body balloons that raise the wrestlers into the air, say 4 feet. Not sure how to score this as what would a pin look like. But could be fun.

Googles are worn as each fan base is armed with paintball guns.

15 minutes ago, dwkeller said:

How about we put wrestlers into inflatable body balloons that raise the wrestlers into the air, say 4 feet. Not sure how to score this as what would a pin look like. But could be fun.

Googles are worn as each fan base is armed with paintball guns.

If Goggles are worn, Jon Trenge would be the perfect spokesman!

Guys... just be careful... pretty soon the Whackdoodles that are playing Whackamole with our "culture" are going to proclaim that wrestling is infested with "Toxic Masculinity"... and then wrestling is banned due to not everyone being able to be first place simultaneously... 

the sheer fact that this even exists (although, super weird and klugey), is disturbing:  https://www.debate.org/opinions/should-wrestling-be-banned-in-schools

37 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Guys... just be careful... pretty soon the Whackdoodles that are playing Whackamole with our "culture" are going to proclaim that wrestling is infested with "Toxic Masculinity"... and then wrestling is banned due to not everyone being able to be first place simultaneously... 

the sheer fact that this even exists (although, super weird and klugey), is disturbing:  https://www.debate.org/opinions/should-wrestling-be-banned-in-schools

Hence why women's/girl's wrestling should be supported.