Sign in to follow this  
Nicky_Pipes

Tariq Wilson Update

Since the Ohio State Dual, we haven't seen Tariq in the line up. Does anyone have any details on his injury or when he may return? when it happened, it kinda reminded me of Suriano's injury while at PSU. I really hope he is able to return. I think he has jumped levels since March and is a legit title contender at 133.

I was just posting on a flow article that Wilson seems to always be left out of the conversation at 133. Coach said on pod cast that X-ray came back negative and they are waiting on 1 more test. Pod Cast was Jan 10 and they are expecting him to be back soon.

"The final bout ended in an unfortunate anti-climatic manner. No. 5 Luke Pletcher and No. 7 Tariq Wilson, an Ohio native from Steubenville, were slate for a marquee rubber match after splitting a pair of clashes last season. Tied 2-2 early in the second period, Wilson was forced to take an injury default."

This is what was written on tOSU site/recap.

If i remember correctly Wilson scored a td in the first and Pletcher escaped.

2nd period Pletcher escaped and then the match ended with the default.

Wilson looked to be in control of the match though...

5 minutes ago, Wolfpack05 said:

I don’t remember the exact score but Tariq was up by four or so and in control of the match. Pletcher has only scored escape points. 

I went back and looked. Tariq scored a takedown and Pletcher got an escape in the first. Tariq started on top and rode him for about 45 seconds in the second when the injury happened.