ezewrestling4c

National Tickets

I am looking for 4 tickets anywhere for Nationals.   I know this is super early but the school I usually go through (last 4 years) sold out and just informed me my request was not fulfilled.  The tickets are going to wrestling junkies (3 former/current HS coaches and a super fan).

I also have a hotel (pricey) but extremely nice in Pittsburgh available.   

I just can't justify 750 for all sessions.  That is crazy prices.  I have gone 14 of the last 18. Missed because of either it being too expensive (NY), birth of my son, or sickness.  Crazy how expensive tickets are for this on the secondary sites.  Anyone know what scalping will be like at the stadium?  I have done this at other sites but with it being in Pittsburgh I am a little nervous.

I just can't justify 750 for all sessions.  That is crazy prices.  I have gone 14 of the last 18. Missed because of either it being too expensive (NY), birth of my son, or sickness.  Crazy how expensive tickets are for this on the secondary sites.  Anyone know what scalping will be like at the stadium?  I have done this at other sites but with it being in Pittsburgh I am a little nervous.
What's a fair price in your opinion?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Live in Pittsburgh , frustrated this year -looks tighter the ever.  , I will be out there with sign looking tickets

Otherwise watch on TV . I did have success  in Cleveland scalping

the outside world has caught on to the nature of this event and realize there is a market for reselling these tickets at 3 to 4 times face value.. the NCAA doesn't seem to be setting enough aside for the schools. Lehigh asked for and sold 1200 and got 480. Oklahoma got 108 tickets. Minnesota asked for 600 and got 250! ok state asked for 900 and got 300... I can't help but think that there are people at the top making a killing of us wrestling fans.

I honestly can't see myself paying much for than 1.5 times face value. I really am frustrated with this.  It seems crazy that wrestling fans can't get tickets.   I would hope the NCAA isn't selling tickets to secondary markets before school allotments but that's that all mighty dollar I guess.

2 hours ago, tim73135 said:

the outside world has caught on to the nature of this event and realize there is a market for reselling these tickets at 3 to 4 times face value.. the NCAA doesn't seem to be setting enough aside for the schools. Lehigh asked for and sold 1200 and got 480. Oklahoma got 108 tickets. Minnesota asked for 600 and got 250! ok state asked for 900 and got 300... I can't help but think that there are people at the top making a killing of us wrestling fans.

Not sure where your numbers come from but they are confusing.  What is basis for the allotments?  I talked to a coach from a small DI school who said they received 25 tickets.  Do they base it on how good the team is?  Why would Lehigh get 480 and OK State get 300?  Anyone know the real deal?

The 25 was probably the number they got from Ncaa for the teams placement at last year NCAA tournament.Each team gets so many from the NCAA depending on where they place.Then the schools request more if need be.So the schools with big fan bases ask for more tickets.The smaller schools athletic departments don't like ordering extras because they've to pay for them and wait for the money.

53 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Not sure where your numbers come from but they are confusing.  What is basis for the allotments?  I talked to a coach from a small DI school who said they received 25 tickets.  Do they base it on how good the team is?  Why would Lehigh get 480 and OK State get 300?  Anyone know the real deal?

It is based on how they did at the previous year’s NCAAs. The minimum is 10 per school but typically they allot at least 50 per school. 

There are 70+ programs. They allot a ton of the tickets prior to you or I getting access to them. 

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

My numbers concerning ok state came directly from the OSU ticket office. I spoke to them today to get a sense of how many ticket they got and what the likely hood was of me getting the chance to get a pair for my wife and I. The NCAA notifies schools in mid January of how many tickets they are going to receive. The other numbers came from the guy who runs a wrestling facebook group.. "the weigh in".. Anyone can call a schools ticket office and ask about it, I have in previous years when I needed tickets. In years past a teams performance and fan base dictated how many tickets they got, lately it seems like a large number of tickets are released to the general public a year early (literally a year, I remember being in Omaha and looking at tickets for next years championship tournament). once they get released they get bought up very quickly and put up for resale at a substantial markup. the rest of the tickets then get divided up between the schools. Your question about Lehigh stumped me for a minute, perhaps because they are a Pa school, or that number may be wrong... 

here's a article about it.. Minn requested 600 and only got 240..

http://www.papowerwrestling.com/heres-what-is-causing-shortage-of-ncaa-tickets-in-pittsburgh/?fbclid=IwAR2zUqA2JoR4Cqieb6A6GnZe4W4IULoJEaAK50XfLAasC1M2fxqnoHHZoGg

9 hours ago, TFBJR said:

I probably shouldn't post this since it can worsen my odds of winning, but the Scarlet Knights Wrestling Club is hosting a raffle for some pretty sweet seats.  Altruistically, more buyers will be good for the club though.  I imagine other schools are doing similar events. 

https://scarletknightswrestlingclub.com/2019-ncaa-raffle

Just sent in my check for 2 raffle tickets. If I win, I’ll buy a Rutgers shirt and hat and wear them all week!