Jimmy Cinnabon

Taking down Vincenzo Joseph

Has anyone taken him down via their own attack?  Meaning not via an attempted TD or throw by Joseph which resulted in Joseph on his back (e.g. matches vs Subjeck or vs Marinelli or a counter stepover vs Isaac Jordan)?

I think IMar has done it a few times but anyone else?

It seems Joseph has some of the best TD defense w/o the use of funk.  Just straight up hips of stone.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Has anyone taken him down via their own attack?  Meaning not via an attempted TD or throw by Joseph which resulted in Joseph on his back (e.g. matches vs Subjeck or vs Marinelli or a counter stepover vs Isaac Jordan)?

I think IMar has done it a few times but anyone else?

It seems Joseph has some of the best TD defense w/o the use of funk.  Just straight up hips of stone.

According to Vak the move was 100% Marinelli's alone, not a counter.

3 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Didn't Marstellar just get a TD on Joseph? It was a counter shot, but they still count. 

I don't believe it was a counter shot, actually.  If I remember correctly it came off his patented underhook....

17 minutes ago, gromit said:

Shane Griffith got one on him at the Scuffle this year...low ankle crossover shot, go to 1:33 here

Yup.  And Marsteller in the finals took him down, too.  Jospeh does not get taken down often and he does have the heaviest hips I've seen in a while but he's been taken down.

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Freshman year at NCAA's I think all three of Daniel Lewis, Logan Massa and I Mar got takedowns on him. Of course he stormed back to beat them all, so he has that going for him. 

thanks for that TBar, I was wondering about some of those matches. I also notice a fair amount of matches where he has given up 7+points (not this season but in his first two years in line-up). Now most of these were in lopsided matches so a lot of trading two for one scenarios I am guessing, but I also wonder if here and there if he gave up a td in some of those. 

Edited by KTG119

53 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Missed the 4 timer.  Any examples of his humor?

Google his name + whiteboard wars, plus the barstool sports bit. Plus a lot of other things from PSU stuff. His cha cha slide warm up the other day is funny as hell. 

55 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

thanks for that TBar, I was wondering about some of those matches. I also notice a fair amount of matches where he has given up 7+points (not this season but in his first two years in line-up). Now most of these were in lopsided matches so a lot of trading two for one scenarios I am guessing, but I also wonder if here and there if he gave up a td in some of those. 

He did not turn or pin a lot of guys his freshman year so it was td, release, td, release. His first match at Rec Hall he gave up two body throws in the first 30 seconds to Keaton Subjeck and trailed 12-1 in the blink of an eye. After that he got like 5 or 6 TD's.  

PSU does track takedown stats for duals on their website... don't think they have it for tourneys though.  Cenzo gave up 3 TD's in duals last year and 8 the year before. 

Bo Nickal though... for/against takedown stats in duals over the past 4 years:

2015/16)  54-1
2016/17)  45-1
2017/18)  45-0
2018/19)  34-1

Scary stuff.  Hall isn't far behind him.