KTG119

Teasdale leaving Penn St

Not that I have any info but don't most who transfer colleges in the first year end up closer to home while those who have been at college for a few years will transfer far and wide. This is purely anecdotal from the know high profile transfers. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Novak said:

He had a 750 on his SAT's so Cornell is a possibility.

Aren't SAT's 1600 now? 750 out of 1600 doesn't get you into Cornell. 750 on both sides for a total of 1500 would do it. 

Edited by TBar1977

TBar, although there are three parts to it now instead of two, colleges only look at the two main sections, total of 1600, math and verbal or whatever they call it now. But you are correct 750 is not getting you into Cornell I don't think even with a waiver. 750 composite is about equal to a 15 on the ACT. If he has 1500 out of 1600, he could get into Harvard & never have to wrestle again!

1 hour ago, Boompa said:

133 next year for Pitt?

They have Micky Phillippi at 133 who happens to be ranked #2 in the country. They could use him at 125 though, if he can get down to it.

Edited by Erminio8

19 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

TBar, although there are three parts to it now instead of two, colleges only look at the two main sections, total of 1600, math and verbal or whatever they call it now. But you are correct 750 is not getting you into Cornell I don't think even with a waiver. 750 composite is about equal to a 15 on the ACT. If he has 1500 out of 1600, he could get into Harvard & never have to wrestle again!

Pretty much how I understood things. My kids went thru this a few years ago when it was still 2400 points. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Novak said:

He had a 750 on his SAT's so Cornell is a possibility.

51 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Aren't SAT's 1600 now? 750 out of 1600 doesn't get you into Cornell. 750 on both sides for a total of 1500 would do it. 

I suspect Dr. Novak is a well known Lehigh poster, so understandably... He's bitter.

I think he would feel better, though, if Teasdale would trnsfer to Lehigh?

Glad we don't have to continue to hear about the seemingly unending saga for the rest of the season ... like Suriano a couple of years ago.

What is it with lightweights . . . who tend to be extra "heavy" with drama?

The question is... for the school that wins... is this like "winning the lottery" or "playing Russian Roulette"?

Part of me feels like it's both... 

Good luck to whichever school gets ya... but I think I pity the coaching staff to have to deal with drama.  Drama sucks... Not Drama class, or musicals or plays... but this kinda drama... sucks... 

32 minutes ago, Erminio8 said:

They have Micky Phillippi at 133 who happens to be ranked #2 in the country. They could use him at 125 though, if he can get down to it.

I can see Micky turning into a 141.

25 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

What does Teasdales sister say now?

I saw she was going after posters on a flo post a little while back without clearing up any misinformation that might have been being said.

honestly it was noticeable his senior yr that he either peaked or had some off the mat issues.

Edited by Sublime607