KTG119

Teasdale leaving Penn St

14 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Gratitude and pity are dissimilar.

Agreed. They're also not mutually exclusive.

I can feel gratitude and sorry for all the soldiers that have died serving this country. I can feel tremendously sorry for their families as well as a great deal of respect for them at the same time.

Do you not feel sorry for those that have died or been seriously wounded in service? Feeling sorry for someone does not mean you are disrespecting them.

11 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Not did I.

And I never said you did.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Tired jokes and repeat banality are half our posts. Without them some couldn't even post at all. What would this board be like without yes-you-are-no-i'm-not, Carl, fun, national duals, ducking, freestyle is wonderful, etc? We all have a moral obligation to bludgeon others in to submission by repeating our prejudices ad nauseam and having the last word. Our creed is that facts are only born of repeated drivel.

Viva la redundancy! Viva la redundancy!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Would he even start there? I was thinking he was about on par with Teske who got teched by Lock Havens Werner. I guess if he is planning on going up to 133 he might have a better chance. 

Hard to say. I gotta think they'd be looking to next year. Moving him up to 133 could help make things easier on him, which may in turn help him keep the rest of his picture together. Who knows. 

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

As I understand it, the NCAA rule only changed as far as notification to/from school to athlete. What you're referring to is a B1G rule. 

Right...   so did the Big Ten rule change or simply go away?   You got guys like Breske transferring within the Big Ten mid-semester now and are immediately eligible.  Far as I know this never happened until recently. 

Four time Pa state Champs and PSU+LHU.

Thirteen eleven 4-time PIAA champs 

If Teasdale goes LHU, he will be their fifth, He, The two now, Kolat and Mike Johnson.

PSU had:  J Maurey, M Gerhard (did he not transfer to Pitt), J Hughes, J Hunter, Gulibon, plus the fore mentioned CK+JT

Ty Moore went to NC(?)

Bobby Crawford had one year at Bucknell and 3 at Clarion. Never healthy

I Had to Look up the first guy James Conklin. Undefeated in HS- one tie. 40-41-42-43  served in the war (as lieutenant) Went to Indiana for 2 years, losing 1 match each year. he then went to Pitt Medical School. and wrestled 2 years, one loss each year. Never went to NCAA, biggest win was Wilkes, when that was the second best tourney, behind NCAA  

39 minutes ago, RichB said:

If Teasdale goes LHU, he will be their fifth, He, The two now, Kolat and Mike Johnson.

PSU had:  J Maurey, M Gerhard (did he not transfer to Pitt), J Hughes, J Hunter, Gulibon, plus the fore mentioned CK+JT

Ty Moore went to NC(?)

I Had to Look up the first guy James Conklin. Undefeated in HS- one tie. 40-41-42-43  served in the war (as lieutenant) Went to Indiana for 2 years, losing 1 match each year. he then went to Pitt Medical School. and wrestled 2 years, one loss each year. Never went to NCAA, biggest win was Wilkes, when that was the second best tourney, behind NCAA  

What do you mean thirteen eleven 4-time PIAA champs?

1 hour ago, RichB said:

Ty Moore went to NC(?)

yes Ty Moore went to UNC. Made blood round at NCAA tournament. . His UNC teammate TJ Jaworsky won 3 titles. Moore pinned TJ real quick in Dapper Dan.

Edited by KTG119

6 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Almost an anagram of Pi!?

I had thought thirteen, but the first list I had, only showed ten + Teasdale, so I started to right eleven, then realized that list didn't show Marstellar and  Haines, so I put thirteen, failing to remove eleven.

6 hours ago, Idaho said:

It’s called Idatah or Utaho....

Unfortunately when I lived there that was oh so true. Then again, Boise State had a good wrestling program going. Now the only reason to visit is to leave a bottle of Jack Daniels at the grave of Ernest Hemingway - and maybe to visit the Sawtooth Mountains.