Buckeyebison

Michigan at Ohio State on Jan 25th

It will be televised on BTN live at 7 pm EST. It’s going to be a huge game. They are nearly even.

6c3f5b8c6b9ab49d3b77361818943b74.jpg

My predictions-

125- Malik Hinselman by a decision 3-0 tOSU

133- Micic by a narrow decision 3-3 TIE I want Luke to prove me wrong!

141- Joey McKenna by a decision 6-3 tOSU Kanen Is dangerous but Joey is too strong for him.

149- Micah Jordan by a major decision. 10-3 tOSU.

157- it’s a tossup. Which Alec would show up?? I’m calling Ke-Shawn Hayes by a decision. 13-3 tOSU

165- Poor Kaleb Romero. He keeps getting the tough opponent. Logan Massa by a decision. 13-6 tOSU

174- there is no chance that either Te’Shan Campbell or Ethan Smith would be able to match up with strong Myles Anime. Anime by a major. 13-10 tOSU

184- Myles Martin continues to have bonus points streak. Myles by a tech fall. 18-10 tOSU

197- Kollin Moore should win by a narrow major decision. 22-10 tOSU

HWT- that’s the rather interesting match. Chase Singletary already has beaten Mason Parris earlier this season. Would Mason improve and surprise Chase? Ok, I’m picking Chase to repeat winning but by very narrow decision 25-10 tOSU.

Of course, Michigan can surprise by taking 125 and HWT which would have resulted into narrower tOSU win- 19-16.

125 Assad dec Heinselman 3-0

133 Micic dec Pletcher 6-0

141 McKenna dec Storr 6-3

149 Jordan dec Amine 6-6

157 Pantaleo dec Hayes 9-6

165 Massa mdec Romero 13-6

174 Amine dec Smith 16-6

184 Martin fall Correll 16-12

197 Moore tfall Davison 16-17

Hwt Parris dec Singeltary 19-17

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

149 Jordan dec Amine 6-6

157 Pantaleo dec Hayes 9-3

165 Massa mdec Romero 13-3

174 Amine dec Smith 16-3

184 Martin fall Correll 16-9

197 Moore tfall Davison 16-14

Hwt Parris dec Singeltary 19-14

19-17 not 14

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

149 Jordan dec Amine 6-6

157 Pantaleo dec Hayes 9-3

165 Massa mdec Romero 13-3

174 Amine dec Smith 16-3

184 Martin fall Correll 16-9

197 Moore tfall Davison 16-14

Hwt Parris dec Singeltary 19-14

HAHA, criticizes someone for saying “game” rather than “match” and continues to not know how to add.

Interesting.

125- Toss up if Mattin can't go- I'll say Asaad decision 3-0M

133-Micic dec 6-0M

141-Mckenna dec 6-3M

149- Jordan Major 7-6OSU

157-Which Pantaleo shows up? Mich dec 9-7M

165- Massa major-13-7M

174-Amine dec 16-7M

184-Martin Fall 16-13M

197-Moore major 17-16

Hwt- Parris dec19-17M

Michigan must win the close ones because of OSU's bonus.  Jordan's could be worse as well as Moore's. Should be a great dual

I think UM will be highly motivated after dropping the last several to the Bucks.  Key bouts will be 125 and Hvy but UM is slight faves in both.  Honestly, I think Heinselman is more likely to pull the upset as Parris got caught with a four pt move in his first match up with Singletary.  Parris is bigger, stronger and not likely to get caught by a similar move again.

2 hours ago, silvermedal said:

This is one of the top duals of the season.  I'm surprised it's not being discussed with more vigor.

On paper it's about as close as it gets... maybe it's just missing a real marquee matchup?  Also there isn't a huge U-M presence on this board.  

Pletcher / Micic and McKenna / Storr should be fun, but I see both of those going pretty comfortably to the favored guy.  

6 hours ago, silvermedal said:

This is one of the top duals of the season.  I'm surprised it's not being discussed with more vigor.

Probably because it's missing a wrestler that will scream in the face of his opponent  after the match

21 hours ago, Buckeyebison said:

Well. Ohio State vs Michigan is considered THE GAME for all of us- the fans of Ohio State and Michigan in any sport. They know what THE GAME means.

But will this game be on btn or will they be showing a women's bb match:(

3 minutes ago, silvermedal said:

If we need a marquee matchup, have UM move up My Amine to take on Mymar

sounds like an uncomfortable medical procedure....

Edited by gromit

Is be shocked if Heinselman beat Mattin. Assad is a favorite over him too. 

Malik has a high ceiling but nothing he has done this season suggests he has a shot vs Mattin. Unless you are banking on Malik having jumped levels since his last match, picking him is pure homerism

Elaborating more fully on my prediction:

125:  Mattin dec. Malik.  3-0 Mich.   Note.  I could see a major by Mattin in this one.  But am only giving a regular decision, due to my homerism.  

133:  Micic dec. Pletcher:  6-0 Mich.  I just don't see this going Pletch's way again.  I'm concerned that Pletch may have peaked already for his career.  

141:  McKenna dec. Storr:  6-3 Mich.  OK.  McKenna wins by decision, but it's going to feel like a tech.  McKenna is operating like a neurosurgeon on the mat, with technical precision and solidity that I haven't seen in some time.  The points aren't there, but you'll walk away feeling like he absolutely destroyed Storr.  

149:  Jordan dec. Amine:  6-6 TIE.  Jordan should major or more... but he won't... because... well... I honestly don't know why.  

157:  Pantaleo dec. Hayes:  9-6 Mich.  Hayes biggest weaknesses are a.) his strength at this weight class, and b.) his perceived lead feet.  If Hayes let's loose and actually moves a little, it could be an entertaining match, as I do believe that Hayes has the skill to keep it close, or even pull out a victory.  

165:  Massa MDec. Romero:  13-6 Mich.  I could even see a pin by Massa, especially if Romero makes some "rookie" mistakes.  Limiting to major right now.

174:  Amine dec. Campbell/Smith:  16-6 Mich.  Either way, Amine wins, but they both know how to keep it close.  

184:  MyMar WBF Correll:  16-12 Mich.  Ryan tells him to pin... he pins.

197:  Moore WBF Striggow:  18-16 tOSU.  Ryan tells him to pin... he pins.

HWT:  Parris dec. Singletary:  19-18 Michigan.  Mason gets his revenge. 

This is how the Bucks lose this dual.  

5 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

micic is gonna duck pletcher and michigan is gonna avoid being relevant for a whole consecutive decade.

Are you vying for the title of Duck Commander this week?  Nice Duck Command (prediction)... if it holds! :-)