Buckeyebison

Michigan at Ohio State on Jan 25th

Hayes wasn't favored to win so your statement makes absolutely no sense. Let's not forget he's also up a weight.

Hayes most certainly was ranked higher than Pantaleo.

Hayes has weighed in and wrestled 157 in every event he has competed in this year, unlike Pantaleo who just wrestled 149 at Midlands. So a more accurate presentation can be made that Pantaleo is the one up a weight class.

Either way I stand by my statement that Hayes is once again overrated and can't win significant matches when it matters.

You got anything else?

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

125:  Mattin over Heinselman 12-6     Mich 3   Ohio State 0

133:  Micic over Pletcher 14-1       Mich 7   Ohio State 0

141  McKenna over Storr 18-3   Mich 7  Ohio State 5

149   Jordan over Amine 17-4  Ohio State 9 Mich 7

157 Pantaleo over Hayes 3-2  Mich 10 Ohio State 9

165 Massa over Romero  7-2 Mich 13 Ohio State 9

174 Amine over Smith 3-2 Mich 16 Ohio State 9

184 Martin over Correll 24-9 Mich 16 Ohio State 14

197 Moore over Striggow 12-5 Ohio State 17 Mich 16

H Singletary vs Parris

7 minutes ago, squeek said:

Hayes has weighed in and wrestled 157 in every event he has competed in this year, unlike Pantaleo who just wrestled 149 at Midlands. So a more accurate presentation can be made that Pantaleo is the one up a weight class.

Either way I stand by my statement that Hayes is once again overrated and can't win significant matches when it matters.

You got anything else?

Calm down, everyone thought pantaleo would win that match regardless of ranking

Edited by randyfoxwell

7 minutes ago, squeek said:

You got anything else?

I stand by my statement. Hayes isn't cutting any weight to make 157#, probably the lightest 157# in the top 10, so him wrestling 157# is a mute point imo. Pantaleo tried 149# and looked like crap and decided to go back to 157# where he belongs. Hayes has a 80+% winning record, yep overrated.

Edited by meluvwrestling

3 minutes ago, meluvwrestling said:

I stand by my statement. Hayes isn't cutting any weight to make 157# so I'm wrestling 157# is a mute point imo. Pantaleo tried 149# and looked like crap and decided to go back to 157# where he belongs. Hayes has a 80+% winning record, yep overrated.

Hayes is at 157, because Micah's at 149.

125:  Mattin over Heinselman 12-6     Mich 3   Ohio State 0

133:  Micic over Pletcher 14-1       Mich 7   Ohio State 0

141  McKenna over Storr 18-3   Mich 7  Ohio State 5

149   Jordan over Amine 17-4  Ohio State 9 Mich 7

157 Pantaleo over Hayes 3-2  Mich 10 Ohio State 9

165 Massa over Romero  7-2 Mich 13 Ohio State 9

174 Amine over Smith 3-2 Mich 16 Ohio State 9

184 Martin over Correll 24-9 Mich 16 Ohio State 14

197 Moore over Striggow 12-5 Ohio State 17 Mich 16

H Singletary vs Parris 6-3  Michigan 19  Ohio State 17

Edited by TheOhioState

I stand by my statement. Hayes isn't cutting any weight to make 157#, probably the lightest 157# in the top 10, so him wrestling 157# is a mute point imo. Pantaleo tried 149# and looked like crap and decided to go back to 157# where he belongs. Hayes has a 80+% winning record, yep overrated.
Overrated is a pretty simple concept even for an Ohio State education, right?

Hayes is solid against R12 or lower level.

Just overrated not a criminal. I bet he has a 4.0 also, but that dude is overrated.

Just now, squeek said:

Overrated is a pretty simple concept even for an Ohio State education, right?

Hayes is solid against R12 or lower level.

Just overrated not a criminal. I bet he has a 4.0 also, but that dude is overrated.

The way you express yourself on these boards, I'm betting that the over/under on the age is about 19.

I didn't get a chance to watch this dual until now. As tOSU fan I saw some positive things, and I think I'll blame the loss on a couple of leaders.

Heinselman looked pretty slick a few times, but obviously undersized. Unfortunately, I don't think this plays well come tournament time, but he has the potential to upset in early rounds. He needs to get on a NaTo-like muscle gain mission if he's going to compete at a higher level. Wasn't NaTo a 112lber in HS?

Pletcher got worked. I'll put some blame on him for giving up bonus - was very close to being teched. Credit to Micic for getting those turns. 

McKenna - couldn't ask more of him. That was awesome!

Jordan could've worked for a TF. He needs to be thinking that immediately after his last takedown - cut him and get another right now!  20 seconds left - where's the urgency? It reminded me of MyMar a few weeks ago, enjoying his dominance and not thinking tactically enough to score the maximum points. PSU will be scoring bonus...

Hayes looked small compared to Pantaleo. I didn't expect anything more here, unfortunately. He'll need a lot more lateral motion if he's going to get the angles he needs, and he'll need to maintain a ridiculous pace if that's going to work. 

Romero is creating opportunities to score but not finishing. I think his ceiling is high, and I hope they get him tuned up enough to convert those opportunities in the next month. He could surprise some people by scoring tournament points, and he'll need to if tOSU has any chance at winning.

Smith looked game against a tough opponent. Hopefully his learning curve stays steep! 

MyMar,  would've loved to see a pin. Crazy athleticism wrestling out of compromised positions. 

Moore, where's the bonus? I put some blame on him for this team loss. 

Singletary - He'll continue to grow physically, and when he fills out I think he'll be threat with the movement that he's capable of. I don't expect much more out of him than his ranking this year, though. 

Pletcher, Jordan and Moore. It was about bonus points, and I'll blame them for the dual loss.