Jump to content
qc8223

Good thread on hawkeye report

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

Do you even read your idiot posts?  This is clearly your comeback.

And you did start it "It's called confirmation bias."

I started it? By saying Nomad's criticism of Desanto is confirmation bias?

Do you even know what confirmation bias is?

According to Defan "EVERYONE" already knows what that is.

Clearly you don't, genius.

If you did you would realize that me saying "it called confirmation bias" was commentary on Nomad, not Desanto.

 

And seriously who the heck are you? Have we EVER had a conversation on here before?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I started it? By saying Nomad's criticism of Desanto is confirmation bias?

Do you even know what confirmation bias is?

According to Defan "EVERYONE" already knows what that is.

Clearly you don't, genius.

If you did you would realize that me saying "it called confirmation bias" was commentary on Nomad, not Desanto.

 

And seriously who the heck are you? Have we EVER had a conversation on here before?

I never thought you were making the comment on Desanto.  You responded to Nomad, therefore you clearly started the argument.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BHawk91 said:

I never thought you were making the comment on Desanto.  You responded to Nomad, therefore you clearly started the argument.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?

LOL, ok saying that Nomad has a bias against Desanto is starting an argument with DEFan.

Bascially agreeing with the OP that Nomad was wrong is starting an arguement with DEFan. Wow. Genius.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

LOL, ok saying that Nomad has a bias against Desanto is starting an argument with DEFan.

Bascially agreeing with the OP that Nomad was wrong is starting an arguement with DEFan. Wow. Genius.

Do you have nothing better to do than bicker?    I have you blocked, but you still consume entire pages of threads with either blocked posts or people quoting your inanity and misspellings.  Please consider fighting the impulse to respond, and/or letting others have the last word occasionally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Do you have nothing better to do than bicker?    I have you blocked, but you still consume entire pages of threads with either blocked posts or people quoting your inanity and misspellings.  Please consider fighting the impulse to respond, and/or letting others have the last word occasionally. 

I got attacked unprovoked. Why should I sit there and turn the cheek. I'm glad you blocked me. I would prefer not to converse with you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I got attacked unprovoked. Why should I sit there and turn the cheek. I'm glad you blocked me. I would prefer not to converse with you as well.

This:   I'm glad you blocked me. I would prefer not to converse with you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Then we're in agreement! Move along good sir!

I R O N Y - Look it up.   

I'm done - please refrain from bickering, tit for tat, and especially running to tell Mommy. 

 

10 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

This:   I'm glad you blocked me. I would prefer not to converse with you as well.

Then we're in agreement! Move along good sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would not mind reading it but can't get the obnoxious Video box to turn off on the page. Anyone know how to do that or get it to disappear? The motion is almost enough to trigger epilepsy - distracting and obnoxious as hell. Enough so I won't go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really boils down to respect.

I respect his wrestling style.

I have no respect for his actions and behavior that goes with his big wins or eminent losses.  As a former athlete, they're scumbag behaviors you can't twist them into the positive.  

 

The first ounce of daylight I've seen on him is the interview after the Suriano match where he did admit to displaying poor behavior.

If you know something, admit something, than maybe you can change it.  I hope he does.

 

If not, I'll be with the rest of the fans in Pittsburgh rooting for opponents.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had an account with the Hawkeye Report I would write the following:

Those of you shaming Austin about autism should be ashamed of yourselves. What gives you the right to post this nonsense online for all to see? Isn’t it possible Austin reads these comments? How about his close friends and family? How do you think it would be received? Hurtful I bet, and you should be more careful when it comes to writing such crap. Who cares what issues he has personally – it’s none of your damn business. If there is something wrong that makes him even more special because he got into a good college and wrestles at the highest level. Is his behavior on the mat an issue? Sure, it is – then focus on that and leave your opinions of him off the mat to yourselves. Please consider removing these comments and this thread.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's get something straight: DeSanto is not a child. He's a legal adult responsible for his own actions. He's obviously immature, possibly spoiled even. If he doesn't like reading comments from people complaining about his antics then he probably ought to stay off the internet. If he doesn't want his "feelings hurt", then perhaps he should modify his behavior to something approaching normal civil behavior on the mat. He's a fine wrestler, and I greatly admire his energy and drive on the mat, but just because he has a particular skill that I admire doesn't mean that he's above reproach/criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

I was referring to calling him autistic.  Its wrong to do so.

The ironic thing here is, the people that are calling him autistic are those that are defending him. They're using his alleged (because no one can confirm or deny) medical condition as a justification for his actions and behaviors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

If I had an account with the Hawkeye Report I would write the following:

Those of you shaming Austin about autism should be ashamed of yourselves. What gives you the right to post this nonsense online for all to see? Isn’t it possible Austin reads these comments? How about his close friends and family? How do you think it would be received? Hurtful I bet, and you should be more careful when it comes to writing such crap. Who cares what issues he has personally – it’s none of your damn business. If there is something wrong that makes him even more special because he got into a good college and wrestles at the highest level. Is his behavior on the mat an issue? Sure, it is – then focus on that and leave your opinions of him off the mat to yourselves. Please consider removing these comments and this thread.

Who are these people?  I haven't read anything from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The ironic thing here is, the people that are calling him autistic are those that are defending him. They're using his alleged (because no one can confirm or deny) medical condition as a justification for his actions and behaviors.

I haven't seen the "justification" what it looks like to me is............ explanation.

As the father of an autistic son, SOME of his actions have only one "explanation".......... and that is that he is autistic.

That being said if he were to repeat some past actions discipline would be in line.

Iowa, nor any other school, would/should take action for something that happened elsewhere. He has had fairly minor issues ( but issues none the less) this year but NOTHING that hasn't been seen by several wrestlers as well. And I haven't seen those guys called out like the Iowa kid.

It appears Brands is working on trying to help him gain control and just wrestle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

I haven't seen the "justification" what it looks like to me is............ explanation.

As the father of an autistic son, SOME of his actions have only one "explanation".......... and that is that he is autistic.

That being said if he were to repeat some past actions discipline would be in line.

Iowa, nor any other school, would/should take action for something that happened elsewhere. He has had fairly minor issues ( but issues none the less) this year but NOTHING that hasn't been seen by several wrestlers as well. And I haven't seen those guys called out like the Iowa kid.

It appears Brands is working on trying to help him gain control and just wrestle.

I agree. Justification was a poor choice on my part. I apologize for that. However my main point is that no one is criticizing Desanto for having autism like Marcus was suggesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...