Sign in to follow this  
jammen

Who's the most hated coach in college wrestling?

2 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

Most hated does not mean worst coach. In fact it’s usually the opposite. Tom Brady is by far the most hated football player and also undeniably the GOAT. With that said the answer is either Cael out of jealousy or Brands out of leftover jealously/hatred of the Iowa dynasty. Cael is hard to hate even if you don’t like penn state since he is so laid back. So I’m going to say the answer is Brands because you have the jealousy factor coupled with the intense personality. 

No, not "undeniably". Check out another Quarterback. Won an NBA/Pro basketball title as a Player the year before he went Football full time. His team played the Title game every year he was in the league. Otto Graham. 9-3 in those games.

The tendency to see whoever is current with little regard to the past is silly. Brady is definitely in the discussion and would probably do well under older rules as he has been around for some time now.

20 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I just think there are other QBs that could have done just as well as Brady's done with that surrounding cast.  Plus, he CHEATS. Check it....

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-year-old-kid-won-science-fair-proving-tom-brady-cheater-184439991.html

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying!!!  Tom Brady is definitely the GOAT.

I can see where Tom Brands is worthy  of hate, but I think he is delightful.  His interview skills are off the charts.

5 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

The tendency to see whoever is current with little regard to the past is silly. Brady is definitely in the discussion and would probably do well under older rules as he has been around for some time now.

Ain't that the truth? I'm always reading those "top 10 of all time" lists on the internet (at work, I never waste my time on the internet at home). The top 10 movies of all time are invariably movies that came out within the last 20 years. The top 10 quarterbacks never mention Otto Graham, Staubach (arguable anyway), Bradshaw. The top 10 whatever always has a huge recency bias.

Sorry i brought in a football analogy and got some of us off topic. I’ll try to settle it here...I think the argument in Tom Brady being GOAT is whether we define “greatest” as “most successful” or as “most talented/best athlete”. He is obviously most successful and that was my point. No debate is needed on that. It’s always debatable about talent and frankly I don’t care enough about football know who is the most talented ever. You all can debate that on a football forum. Back to wrestling now

Quarterbacks are coaches on the field. They read defenses, call audibles, abort ill-fated plays, etc. It's impossible to rate a quarterback and not factor this aspect. I think Brady as coach on the field has no peers. He simply makes the plays when they count and he doesn't do it by shear athleticism. 

4 hours ago, jammen said:

Well, I was thinking along the lines of; Iowa fans hate Manning, PSU fans hate Tom Ryan, everybody hates Cael, that kind of thing.

Stop thinking. Your troll jobs are better when you shoot from the hip.

16 hours ago, Greatdane67 said:

David Taylor's fantasy coach. Always has his guy winning against Dake in fantasy but always loses the matchups in real life.

you're like those trump people who can't let Hillary go. Dake and Taylor are both world champs at different weights. Give it up.

Edited by oldcougar