gowrestle

PSU Bubble Bursting?

Their guys look look tired and disinterested. Cael, as always, appears unengaged. Teams are catching up. Minnesota, Ohio State, and Rutgers are about to open new and impressive facilities. Not sure what’s going on. Of course, this could be my incorrect perception of what is happening 

10 hours ago, gowrestle said:

Their guys look look tired and disinterested. Cael, as always, appears unengaged. Teams are catching up. Minnesota, Ohio State, and Rutgers are about to open new and impressive facilities. Not sure what’s going on. Of course, this could be my incorrect perception of what is happening 

I suggest you re-visit the topic after they win NCAAs by 25 points this year.

10 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Ohio State will take over as the premier team, Penn State’s days are numbered

PSU will be the top team until somebody consistently out recruits Cael, simply put.  I see no end to the process. Every time he graduates hammers (Ruth, Taylor) he just brings more in (Nickal, Nolf, Joseph, Hall). It's pretty ridiculous at this point. I see no reason Cael won't pass Gable in team titles won within the next 7 or 8 years. Ohio State is pretty good, but they are perennially on 3rd base, compared to PSU.

It is your incorrect perception.
My guess their interest will perk up come March, when they actually start trying and stop play wrestling their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, LordNelson said:

It is your incorrect perception.
My guess their interest will perk up come March, when they actually start trying and stop play wrestling their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball can be played....not wrestling. 

19 hours ago, gowrestle said:

I'd explain what play wrestling is......and the fact PSU has made a standard of using it to build creativity in the room.......but since you started this dumb thread it would be a waste of time.

20 hours ago, gowrestle said:

When wrestlers play, people get hurt. Remember that game "King of the Mat", or the even more brutal one called "Stick"? I think the coaches let us "play" those games just to make us meaner.

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

When wrestlers play, people get hurt. Remember that game "King of the Mat", or the even more brutal one called "Stick"? I think the coaches let us "play" those games just to make us meaner.

From the earliest of ages I kept my kid out of them. We had very few "rules" but never hurt a girl and never get involved in those stupid games were two immutable ones. I actually had his high school coach call me after their first practice because he refused to get in one. I said under no circumstances was he to get involved in any non-wrestling related game where an injury was possible. The coach did not like it but I said "too bad" and a short time later another kid on the team lost a knee from one of those grab-ass games.

53 minutes ago, oldcougar said:

seems to me last year in mid-January, Penn State looked sluggish and bored. There was probably a thread at that time asking, 'is the PSU bubble bursting'?

How'd that work out.

Gotta figure, when you are used to shining under the big light winning championships that every other part of the season would be lackluster in comparison.

2 hours ago, Zebra said:

From the earliest of ages I kept my kid out of them. We had very few "rules" but never hurt a girl and never get involved in those stupid games were two immutable ones. I actually had his high school coach call me after their first practice because he refused to get in one. I said under no circumstances was he to get involved in any non-wrestling related game where an injury was possible. The coach did not like it but I said "too bad" and a short time later another kid on the team lost a knee from one of those grab-ass games.

"King of the Mat' was actually pretty fun, if somewhat traumatizing :D The bigger I got, the more I liked it.